Author Topic: 600EFI LT, the 600EFI transplant portion  (Read 69139 times)

atvnut

• View Profile
600EFI LT, the 600EFI transplant portion
« Reply #255 on: January 25, 2008, 09:51:55 PM »
Agreed both tanks empty and change the weight distribution. If the tank is put where the greater mass is it has less affect as a whole on the handling of the machine 40lbs of the front of the machine would prob be 30% of the front end weight 40lbs of the rear would prob only be about 15% of the weight of rear of the machine hence a lot less effect. As the rear is lightened traction is decreased thus if there is a push when full it may go away as the tank empties. As the tank empties the handling should improve as the weight bias to the front would increase.
Thank you
"The Nut"

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 26, 2008, 12:58:35 PM »
Agreed.

With the increased power the added weight up front is welcomed though. It's no problem to lift the front even with a full tank up front. And even though it gets lighter as it empties, it's still more weight up front than having the tank in the rear.

I've had both installed on the same machine with the same suspension, both worked fine. I think a bit better handling with the front mounted tank, but the larger 1st generation rear tank setup handled fine too.

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #257 on: January 27, 2008, 05:01:48 PM »
I think the machines are looking great. I like the new silencer set-up.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Tanks
« Reply #258 on: January 29, 2008, 08:54:54 AM »
So if I am seeing this right, your tank also serves as your hood?  HOW COOL!!!!  That should have been a "Hood"lum design if I ever saw one....
Hoodlum

ludedude

• View Profile
Re: Tanks
« Reply #259 on: January 29, 2008, 09:18:59 PM »
Quote from: "Hoodlum"
So if I am seeing this right, your tank also serves as your hood?  HOW COOL!!!!  That should have been a "Hood"lum design if I ever saw one....
Hoodlum

Hey! You're not the only one with good ideas :P [/u]