Author Topic: 600EFI LT, the 600EFI transplant portion  (Read 69145 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
600EFI LT, the 600EFI transplant portion
« Reply #225 on: June 05, 2007, 01:16:22 PM »
the dc you get for the electric start (on the ACts anyhow) i only a diode, clipping the AC, and trickle charging the battery. It was just enough to keep the battery charged, and run the fan.....but I want to convert the full AC lighting/acc output to DC.

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 05, 2007, 01:19:33 PM »
Quote from: "odypilots"
If those tires steered well on your 400, they should work well with your 600. The Holeshots that I had to take off to steer had the same effect on my 400.

Toe in on the rear wheels. How many degrees, I can't say. Not much, though. Toe out is very bad in my experience on the outside tire in a corner. Makes the car want to go straight. Toe out seems to help when it's on the inside tire. If I were running an oval, I would run toe out on the left rear, and toe in on the right rear, but I like to be able to turn both ways, so I have just a touch of toe in on both sides.

I have the weight jackers that my friend talked me into adding when I needed to raise my front shock mounts. Here's a "not so good" picture of them.

http://www.downhomeracing.com/opr/pic273.jpg

Other wise, you may be able to adjust nitrogen pressure if you have an imbalance. Not sure on that, though.

The only light we have hooked up is the tail/brake light. I don't have any idea whether the "Skid_doo" uses AC or DC. You would have to ask AtvNut.

weight jackers? can't make anything out in the pic...what are they?

i was running my lights in AC, and that was fine, but i missed the lights on with the key option, instead of only with the engine running. Plus I need more DC for...well..DC applications  :P

Odyknuck

• View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 05, 2007, 01:22:04 PM »
Brian, I would think a voltage regulator off of a Harley Davidson would do the job. I believe the stator on your AC is a 2 wire single phase unit.

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 05, 2007, 01:37:25 PM »
I have regulator from a FORD, works fine...it's the rectifier that was smoking!  :?

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #229 on: June 05, 2007, 01:41:52 PM »
weight jackers? can't make anything out in the pic...what are they?

They are threaded rod through an upper bracket to allow adjustment to the upper shock location. some pics from KiowA's site:

url 1

url 2
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

Odyknuck

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 05, 2007, 01:47:51 PM »
The Harly Regulator is Regulator/Rectifier in one package. 2 wires to the stator 1 wire to your battery. Good to go.

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 05, 2007, 04:25:37 PM »
Quote from: "Odyknuck"
The Harly Regulator is Regulator/Rectifier in one package. 2 wires to the stator 1 wire to your battery. Good to go.

sweet..that's what i want then....I looked before on eBay for them....but didn't know what was what, what model to get...know of a model number or something for me?

OK, the weight jackers  :?  I haven't played with weight transfer at all...if you lower the front shock mounts (raising the front, increasing ground clearance), you're achieving what, reducing front weight?

Odyknuck

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 05, 2007, 04:54:03 PM »
Brian if you want i can oder one direct from one of my suppliers  and ship it to you. I own a Harley shop on the side. Can you tell me what the voltage is at 2500 RPM out of your stator so I can match you up with the right one. Also verify its a 2 wire output.
Steve
Cyclefab
216-695-0733

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #233 on: June 05, 2007, 06:34:23 PM »
OK, the weight jackers  I haven't played with weight transfer at all...if you lower the front shock mounts (raising the front, increasing ground clearance), you're achieving what, reducing front weight?

The thought was to use them to figure out where we wanted the mounts, as we weren't sure at what height to locate them, as well as a way to lower the front for playing on the ice. Now, they seem most valuable as a way to equalize the corner weights.  I'm not sure we could have welded the mounts to distribute the weight perfectly. Now, a few turns, voila!

Once we beef up the threaded rod, trim the length, and paint, they will look better. But to be truthful, after working with them, they look just fine as they are, to me. Function over form has always been my motto!
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 05, 2007, 06:41:08 PM »
Brian if you want i can oder one direct from one of my suppliers  and ship it to you. I own a Harley shop on the side. Can you tell me what the voltage is at 2500 RPM out of your stator so I can match you up with the right one. Also verify its a 2 wire output.
Steve
Cyclefab
216-695-0733

Cool, it is a two wire..well two yellows AC/AC and a brown=ground that match? :) How dead on do I have to be at the RPM and voltage reading?

Odyknuck

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 06, 2007, 09:46:30 AM »
It does not have to be exact. I just need a range to determin the best one for the application. Get close and then run the motor until the voltage maxs out.

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 09, 2007, 01:23:32 AM »
Thanks, I didn't get a chance to get a reading before I dropped it off to get some new pipes made up for mine and Ted's...Darrell wants to run the 2 into 1, so he'll prolly get my current fuel tank to go with it as we're changing the tank and pipe design, yet again  :roll:  :lol: Everything's gone through a few metamorphsis stages, but that how things improve I guess, learn a little bit each time, having different people help out/perform work on it help too, fresh  eyes=fresh ideas.

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 15, 2007, 11:54:03 PM »
Hope to pick up the pilot with new pipes, and tank on Friday  :D  Can't wait....then it's shock tuning time, and get the wiring cleaned up.

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 25, 2007, 05:15:57 AM »
pickup date keeps getting pushed back, now it's set for later today :roll:  anxiously awaiting that call "come and get it"  :D  :P  Good things take time though, and this is an install/setup that I take pride in knowing I've put the run time in on it to know what needs, can, and should be improved. And that's what I'll do. If I ever publicly offer my setup as a kit for sale you can be assured it's been tried tested and improved. It's going to go through 4 installs on 4 separate pilots and have at least 10 hours run time on each machine, plus the last year of running mine, with over 50 hours of run time on it, with no install related failures. There's some issues that I want to improve/change that I only see now after extended run time, and some other items that I want to tidy up that I haven't got to yet. My apologies goes out to those that have expressed interest in my setup, sorry that I haven't got things finalized yet. My priorities go to my family and their needs first, I wish I had more time to dedicate to this, but I get to it when I can, I love doing it, and wish I could just work at it full time....but for now it is what it is... a slow process :roll:  :wink:

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 25, 2007, 05:24:15 AM »
Brian, I would think a voltage regulator off of a Harley Davidson would do the job. I believe the stator on your AC is a 2 wire single phase unit.

Thanks, I got a couple used ones from a local Harley guy to try out for free :lol:  So we'll see how that works out.