Author Topic: SALISBURY CLUTCH PULLER  (Read 4247 times)

MSgone

• View Profile
SALISBURY CLUTCH PULLER
« on: April 02, 2010, 10:17:02 AM »
Hi:   Anyboby got an idea how to make a stock fl350 Salisbury drive clutch puller?  I guess the threads are Metric?  What diameter and length is the beveled spacer?  Seems like a simple home made tool, it's over $36.00 on a certain E-bay store in NY...!!! OUCH      AND, one more Q:  Will the clutch come-off without pulling or losening the engine??  Clutch to frame clearance seems a little tight.... Thanks to all for any help, this is a great thinktank for likeminded people.
Life is short,,,,,,burn rubber
  Jay

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SALISBURY CLUTCH PULLER
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 06:27:09 PM »
Quote from: "MSgone"
Hi:   Anyboby got an idea how to make a stock fl350 Salisbury drive clutch puller?  I guess the threads are Metric?  What diameter and length is the beveled spacer?  Seems like a simple home made tool, it's over $36.00 on a certain E-bay store in NY...!!! OUCH      AND, one more Q:  Will the clutch come-off without pulling or losening the engine??  Clutch to frame clearance seems a little tight.... Thanks to all for any help, this is a great thinktank for likeminded people.

I don't remember what the thread is on the puller bolt..I know it's metric,but that's it...I do remember that it will come off without loosening the engine...I can give you the rod size for the pilot...I would think it would be the same for the oddy...

MSgone

• View Profile
SALISBURY CLUTCH PULLER
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 07:11:43 PM »
By rod size you mean the piece that goes in to push against the crankshaft ?  Does this part need to be beveled to fit in the center of the crank?  length and diameter would be appreciated.........maybe I can figure-out the bolt size.  Problem will be finding someone in my area that sells metric bolts..!!!
  Jay

mr2angry2

• View Profile
puller tool
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 10:59:15 PM »
i have the puller i bought off ebay. ill send it to you if you promise to return it.

MSgone

• View Profile
SALISBURY CLUTCH PULLER
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2010, 05:56:47 PM »
Hi:
did you get my e-mail, with address??  Boy scouts honor, I promise to return it.
  Jay

MSgone

• View Profile
how to build a salisbury clutch puller
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2010, 12:03:57 AM »
3/4" fine thread Grade 5 bolt 2.5 inches long, 5/8" OD spacer 2.5 inches long.  That's it, simple.  Threads are not metric.  Spacer can be a piece of pipe or a bolt with the head cut-off to length.  Cost about $5.00
  Jay