Author Topic: not so loud  (Read 1500 times)

tracksusa

• View Profile
not so loud
« on: March 09, 2009, 06:45:59 PM »
When I bought this fl350 it was missing the exhaust muffler  behind the air box. My question is can I put on a pro circuit pipe froma  4 stroke that fits a 400 ktm dirt bike, its just sitting around hoping  to quite this thing down for my son.
  I have heard somthing about compression back flow burning up pistons and a bounch of other stuff , running like crap. It looks like it would have a lot of flow. Its just a silincer will this hurt?

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: not so loud
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 11:42:09 PM »
Quote from: "tracksusa"
When I bought this fl350 it was missing the exhaust muffler  behind the air box. My question is can I put on a pro circuit pipe froma  4 stroke that fits a 400 ktm dirt bike, its just sitting around hoping  to quite this thing down for my son.
  I have heard somthing about compression back flow burning up pistons and a bounch of other stuff , running like crap. It looks like it would have a lot of flow. Its just a silincer will this hurt?

I wouldn't think so as long as the pipe/expansion chamber is in place...

tracksusa

• View Profile
sounds good not so loud
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 12:39:30 PM »
put a 45 bend in it, welded then put heat tape on it. had some laying around. everything worked out ok so for.

tracksusa

• View Profile
not so loud
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 12:42:09 PM »
another picture

PilotHawK

• View Profile
not so loud
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 01:18:46 PM »
typically as long as the airflow from the new silencer is at least as good as the stock setup you'll be fine. The things you are talking about with shock waves and such is part of the expansion chamber design. The silencer has some effect, but as long as the flow isn't restricted any more then the stock setup you should be fine.