Author Topic: Turbo's latest rant  (Read 7353 times)

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Turbo's latest rant
« on: November 15, 2010, 04:38:50 PM »
So Turbo has gone off again and been banned from MBN again. The one downside is that the thread was locked after his last post without the ability to retort.

He posted the BS bumper video again. He and the person who uploaded it know that the bumper was mounted with the wrong brackets. The owner posted that on a board years ago. It has been noted numerous times that the video is not representative. So he is posting knowingly posting negative and false information.

He thinks he is a genius figuring out my reference that Drakart front hubs should work on a Triple E car. He can call Alain Fricker and order up a pair. It would work if he would do just that, but I'm sure he will try to ask a bunch of questions about them. Alain is not going to spend them time trying to help him figure out if they will work and how to make them and on some other manufacturer's car.

Aftershock owned the rights to the Genesis cars, not Mirage. They were sold to an individual when Aftershock purchased Hawk along with the rights to the Drakart Formula Cross and Extreme. You must be out of touch with the state of the US economy wondering why these cars have yet to be put back into production.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Turbo's latest rant
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 04:43:09 PM »
He also denied his alternate id of DMRanch. http://www.quickieracing.com/forums/index.php?action=profile;u=29

He would actually defend the turbotexas id with the dmranch ID. He used it on this board as well as others.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 05:30:18 PM »
I wouldn't sweat it too much.....He is making his own bed to lay in....People that matter can see right through him,and actually some of those that don't are starting to see as well.....

Hoodlum

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 11:24:44 AM »
I am waiting to see if the guy he bought the Triple E from responds. From what I heard, Turbo has been begging to buy for a while. He picked over the car for 4 days including an all day ride. He then makes it out like he was duped into buying a POS.

I thought about his response about the hubs from an outside person. Without background knowledge, it would appear he made a thread about getting hubs that work then said he had lots of choices for getting hubs.  ::)

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 07:46:02 AM »
I am waiting to see if the guy he bought the Triple E from responds. From what I heard, Turbo has been begging to buy for a while. He picked over the car for 4 days including an all day ride. He then makes it out like he was duped into buying a POS.

I thought about his response about the hubs from an outside person. Without background knowledge, it would appear he made a thread about getting hubs that work then said he had lots of choices for getting hubs.  ::)

He actually did respond on <A href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizophrenia>hoser</a>s board.....He pointed out pretty much the same things you did.....

Here's his response....

Now be nice Turbo?please don?t make me out to be some bad guy and make it sound like this was some eBay purchase that you made sight unseen. Admittedly, my memory sucks but I think I recall a few things about the car and transaction.

The seat should be bolted to pieces of beefy flat stock that are welded to the frame. The seat and skid pinch the flat stock so it?s all solid?not just a seat sitting on a piece of aluminum.

I don?t ever recall posting anything about polishing the car from top to bottom?I did wax it when I had the wax out for the wife?s car. Anyone that knows me?knows I?m not one to slow down for puddles or to polish my dirt toys.

I don?t know who made the siteglass tubing, but it wasn?t me. The last leak oil leak from the trans that I saw was from behind the driven clutch and I had ridden after replacing that seal without any leaks. The axle seal leak was new?but you have to remember these are 20 years and even Slickrick had leaky seals after the first run. I even agreed to let you cut out the skidplate under the tranny for your piece of mind, not mine.

I also recall you coming to the house on one of your rides out here and falling in love with the car. I didn?t have to pressure you to buy it?you said you wanted first dibs if I ever decided to sell it. When Slickrick contacted me April and I heard the excitement in his voice about racing, etc?I decided it was time for someone else to enjoy her and bring her back on the trails. I called you and said I was thinking of selling and you were all over it?you had many opportunities to walk away during the period that I held it for you. You could have walked away in August when you returned to the house for another inspection?but you kept on working towards your goal. You could have walked away Saturday or Sunday during the two day inspection and test ride. Sunday before I left the house and you left to go riding?knowing you had reservations about the hub, ball joint boots, oil in the skid plate, I gave you a clear opportunity to walk when I said ?If you leave to go riding, she?s yours. If she?s mine, she stays in the garage. I?m more than happy to push her inside and keep her.? Your reply? ?She?s mine.? And you were off with a handshake.

You could have walked away yet again Sunday night when I returned home to find out ?she was mine? once again because there was fresh oil in the skidplate. But instead we decided to cut the skid plate out and ensure the tranny wasn?t cracked. It wasn?t?just leaky seal. So we negotiated a price for you to replace the seals, tig front hub, and replace the ball joint seals (issues you noted) off the agreed upon price. It wasn?t as if I hide them and didn?t disclose them during the sale, rather you spent 4 days at my house inspecting and riding the machine before purchase. I hope you don?t feel as if I ripped you off. I'm also not sure how you can feel like you overpaid since you negotiated the price. I also never implied the car was race ready or anything like that...which is why it had belts from 1997...there are no sanctioning bodies to inspect them in the trails of MD or AZ which was my intended use.

I hope I didn?t make a poor judgment call to sell the car, just to get slammed on the board in front of our mutual friends. I just want to provide some details for those that are reading your posts, thinking I wronged you in some way.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 07:49:20 AM by hoodlum »