Author Topic: shifting  (Read 2316 times)

garv

• View Profile
shifting
« on: August 20, 2008, 09:51:14 PM »
just installed a 102c . grounded the rev limiter wires. it now feels like its not shifting. also when i let off of throttle the motor does not return back to idle . it does eventually but it takes a few seconds.is this normal or is there somthin else that needs attention. im new to the odyssey thing and im hooked. anything you can help me with would sure be appreciated.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: shifting
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 07:52:17 AM »
The engagement of the 102C is higher than the stock clutch. Also, it allows the engine to rev up higher before it shifts. This allows the engine to make more power. This may be what you are saying is not shifting. However, if the driven clutch is not moving freely, it would hinder up shifting and down shifting which might cause both issues you are describing. If the engine does not return to idle right away if you free rev it, then you are lean. You could have an air leak.

garv

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2008, 11:56:37 AM »
can you really feel it shift or is itjust the opposite. i cant even hear the motor r down . should i or is that the way the 102 is set up. thanks

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 01:16:39 PM »
If you have a digital camera that does video clips with sound, maybe try posting a clip so I can listen to it. There is no feeling of shifting. If the clutch did not shift though, you would not go very fast with the engine screaming.