Author Topic: New intake sneak peak  (Read 1012 times)

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
New intake sneak peak
« on: January 24, 2021, 10:51:48 AM »
The billet intakes I was making were a great success. By integrating the boot and flange back into one, I can get even better blending. The blend starts right after the carb rather than after the bolt on boot. The boots will be urethane. Rather than being inside the flange like the stock intake, the plate will clamp the urethane preventing the need for a gasket. The stock style setup can separate as well.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New intake sneak peak
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2021, 01:13:38 PM »
The one pictured is for a 39mm Keihin PWK. It is blended to the air guide of a set of V-Force 3 reeds. The boot on the billet intake was actually for a 38mm Mikuni. It would stretch to fit. The rib was not in the right spot, but close enough with the soft boot. This boot is closer to the hardness of the stock boot which is where I noticed the poor fit and modified.

I can make one as a stock replacement. If I made of to fit a stock carb, I could make the same way or more like the stock boot. I have thought about making an air guide for the stock reed cage that also matches up. Then it would be a matter of mix and matching the right parts. I could also make for the 32/34 Mikuni carbs commonly used as a stock replacement.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2021, 09:22:06 AM by LiveWire »

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 10:21:03 PM »
Mounted

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2021, 08:54:44 AM »
The prototypes have been run for a while on two machines. We will be listing these on the website soon.