Author Topic: Newbie to FL350. Cant get 94c clutch off!  (Read 2194 times)

Scheuzunder

• View Profile
Newbie to FL350. Cant get 94c clutch off!
« on: September 28, 2016, 01:27:22 AM »
I bought my wife an FL350 recently and I've been trying to get it ready for her birthday. 

Where I am at...

The engine was running ok but suddenly died.  I couldn't get fuel but the pulse from the crank was relatively strong.  I bought a new pump, hopefully the other was just going bad.  Compression is 120psi but tonight's leak down shows a 6 psi total loss in 3 minutes, eek!  So I have some more testing/inspecting to do...

To help facilitate inspections, I wanted to try to get the 94c clutch off.  I can't get it off for the life of me though.  Anything I read on the internet basically says the bolt is easy to take off and the dust cover more or less falls off with a slight strike of a halfway removed bolt.   I can't get the mounting bolt to budge.  I have it soaking in liquid wrench at the moment.  Is everyone using a holding tool for the clutch? It appears that one is used on the stock clutch but there is no mention of it in any of the 94c removal threads or calibration instructions.

I'd really appreciate any help,  I have only a couple weeks to get this done prior to her birthday.  Thanks guys!

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: Newbie to FL350. Cant get 94c clutch off!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 08:37:33 AM »
I use an impact to get the bolt off which is fast enough to prevent the clutch from spinning. Possibly someone used locktite on the threads.