Author Topic: Help with local FL250 for sale  (Read 2860 times)

84ody250

• View Profile
Help with local FL250 for sale
« on: July 20, 2014, 08:25:43 PM »
Hello all. Obviously new here and looking for some information/help. I found a Fl250 for sale locally. The guy said it was an 85, but I think he meant 84 since the 85 was the start of the 350. He is asking 900.00 for it. I work at a local Honda shop in parts and have only ever heard of these and have seen one Honda Pilot in the three years I have been there. Knowing this I know they are somewhat rare.

As you can see in the pictures it is not in perfect shape(It's OLD! ;)). Everything looks to be intact except for the original seat harness and the headlight up top. He did add electric start to it. Rear tires are in decent condition and the fronts will need replaced soon. He was able to start it up first push of the button with the choke pulled. I know 2 strokes are simple and have worked on them before.

My only concern is really the price he is asking. It's more than I really want to spend but at the same time if it's a good buy then I will probably do it. I personally value the machine closer to the 500.00 mark rather than 900.00 due to some parts rarity and the fact that all old machines need something replaced.

What would you folks value this unit at? I know it is an open ended question so anyones best guess or what you would pay works for me. Hoping to buy it in the next couple days if he is willing to come down in price. Oh and it does not have a title, bill of sale only, which is not a huge deal where I am from (SD). Thanks for any help. Here are a couple pictures.

flynryan87

• View Profile
Re: Help with local FL250 for sale
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2014, 08:44:00 PM »
looks like it has electric start if it runs definitely buy it

84ody250

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 09:00:04 PM »
For 900? It just seems like a high asking price to me. Nada book puts them at 700 in excellent shape.

flynryan87

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 12:44:25 AM »
its worth it the electric start is over 400 alone and they suck to pull start

84ody250

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2014, 09:17:16 PM »
Welp someone bought it last night so I guess I will continue my search.