Author Topic: Fl350r  (Read 2177 times)

holanpd

• View Profile
Fl350r
« on: February 26, 2014, 03:37:32 PM »
All,

I have an FL350R with a 38mm carb, vacuum fuel pump,throttle body spacer, k/n air filter kit with a DG pipe. problem is it stated running bad and now it keeps bogging down when I give it alot of gas. I took the slow jet out and cleaned it but really didn't help. After playing around with it and adjust the carb I was able to ride it for a about an hour before it ran out of gas. filled it back up and it did good, has alot of power but when I ran out of gas again, I put more in it but I could not get it to stay running .

Please help.

Paul

nevadanotch

• View Profile
Re: Fl350r
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2014, 05:16:23 PM »
Check your compression.  You may have ran it lean and caused a compression drop from some piston damage.
High Speed Soil Sampler!

holanpd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2014, 05:35:27 PM »
compression seems to be good. what should it read ?

holanpd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2014, 05:41:01 PM »
I don't ride this thing often, maybe once every 5 months. I rebuilt the motor about 2 years ago and maybe ridden it 5 times. when I had it running it was doing great. My spark plug was foiling out tho when I couldn"t get it started. This has happen once before and I was thinking It was something with the carb because I got on it and It blew out I guess because it was fine the rest of the day.

nevadanotch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2014, 06:10:14 PM »
Compression at sea level should be 136 psi.
High Speed Soil Sampler!