Author Topic: Lens covers on the lights on an FL350  (Read 2503 times)

slk

• View Profile
Lens covers on the lights on an FL350
« on: September 09, 2013, 04:48:56 PM »
Do the clear lenses come all the way out of the lights so they can be cleaned on an FL350??

Steve

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: Lens covers on the lights on an FL350
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 08:54:33 AM »
I think most people who would want to get better lighting would just put bigger lights on. The stock lights are supposed to be 35 watt. There was a Hondaline accessory of additional lights that would mount to the bumper. There is a recessed rectangle on the yoke that would get punched out to add the additional switch. So Honda supported running 4 35 watt lights. You could run 2 70 watt. 65 watt is typical automotive high beams. Round stud mount lights are commonly available in 55 watt. The studs are usually 1/2" though, larger than the factory lights. The factory light position with 2 6 inch lights also looks kind of bug eyed. These would put them wider and higher: http://www.aftershockmotorsports.com/Honda-FL350R-Odyssey/Electrical-Gauges/Light-Brackets

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 01:51:59 PM »
He may just want to clean his original lenses to stay stock and look better. I've been away from 350s too long to answer the question. The manual just goes into bulb replacement and aiming.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 01:55:29 PM by odypilots »
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 10:10:28 AM »
I seem to recall the metal body is crimped around the lens. I would not think anything would get inside the bulb. You could probably put something whatever chemicals are claimed to clean up the plastic through the bulb hole. Even if dirty, it should be scratched. There are various techniques out there for cleaning up car headlights to get them clear again. The same techniques should work.