Author Topic: Rad relocation / Seat belts  (Read 2308 times)

toyman280

• View Profile
Rad relocation / Seat belts
« on: April 13, 2013, 02:48:56 AM »
Just wondering how much of a difference relocating the rad is. The reason I ask is I am ordering a bunch of stuff from ATV racing and was looking at the 6 pack rack or the relocating rad kit. Does moving the rad make that much of a difference. 

Also my seat belt is stock with no padding its missing so I was looking at the 3 inch harness and was wondering what people like better the harness pads or horse collar ATV racing sell both. anyone use the neck collars.

I do a lot of long trail rides. When we go usually 5-6 hrs a day so looking for comfort. I hope the stock seat is comfy I guess will see this summer.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: Rad relocation / Seat belts
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 08:12:30 AM »
I use these: http://www.aftershockmotorsports.com/Honda-FL350R-Odyssey/Safety/Seat-Belt-Harness-Pads and then wear on of these: http://www.aftershockmotorsports.com/Honda-FL350R-Odyssey/Safety/Neck-Brace

The U-shaped one doesn't have padding in the front which the front of the full face helmet will hit if your head gets thrown forward.

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 12:31:48 PM »
I'm a fan of the horse collar type myself. The aftermarket ones are quite a bit thicker than the stock Honda one, though. The aftermarket one does serve much like a neck collar, though it is open like Livewire states. That doesn't matter to me, and the thickness is unwanted by me, as I use a helmet restraint.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

toyman280

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 02:12:58 AM »
OK thanks for your response. I think I am going to try the horse collar. The idea of the neck collar doesn't seem to comfy and the horse collar seems to give you some protection and padding but still be open.