Author Topic: Newbie here...Found a Pilot. Is this a good deal?  (Read 1738 times)

treeeman00

• View Profile
Newbie here...Found a Pilot. Is this a good deal?
« on: March 04, 2013, 05:29:42 PM »
Hey guys I am new to this site.  I have always loved honda pilots but could never justify spending the $ on them.  I have been wanting to find a good cheap Pilot project.  Well I think I found one and just wanted to get some opinions to see if it actually is a good deal.  I think it is.  Well I found a 1989 pilot.  The pilot is a basket case.  Its all tore down but all of the parts are there except for all of the fenders.  The foot tub is there.  He said the frame is not bent at all.  Needs new tires, frame needs painted, motor needs rebuilt.  Jug is off. He said it was running and it broke the piston skirt.  He said that the crankshaft feels good and smooth with no play in the bearings.  Well anyways I can buy everything for $500.00.  Im pretty sure the parts are worth more.  It is quite a drive for me but I think I would have $200 in diesel as my car gets 50 mpg. Planned on towing a small trailer to get it.  So what do you guys think about this?  Help me seal the deal...lol

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie here...Found a Pilot. Is this a good deal?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2013, 11:33:02 PM »
I think I would pass on that one...Where is it located by the way? ;)
Hoodlum

treeeman00

• View Profile
Re: Newbie here...Found a Pilot. Is this a good deal?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 11:37:45 PM »
lol..so I will take it that its a good deal...sorry I cant reveal my sources until after I own it...hahahah