Author Topic: REAR BRAKES  (Read 1805 times)

holanpd

• View Profile
REAR BRAKES
« on: January 28, 2013, 05:54:54 AM »
I need so help guys...

The rear brakes on my fl350r aren't working .. I have cracked the bleeder at the rear caliper a number of times and only a small amount of fluid comes out not even under pressure. I have replaced the Master Cylinder and both front brake cables. I fixed the hand brake issues and it works but i still don't have rear brakes using the steering wheel brake lever..

Could the rumber pressure hose bolting to the caliper be bad ?

Please help

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
Re: REAR BRAKES
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2013, 07:05:40 AM »
I never got my 350's rear brake working real well, but using a power bleeder, like a Mighty Vac, was the only way I got it bled. Pumping the brake by hand wouldn't do it. I've heard completely flushing out the old fluid with new is the way to go.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 02:01:49 PM »
Yeah, the fluid ends up looking like snot. The lines could be plugged, the master cylinder or the caliper. Watch the rubber line while someone squeezes the lever. If the line moves, it is expanding from the pressure preventing the fluid from moving the caliper piston.

holanpd

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2013, 05:06:37 PM »
I plan on replacing the rear rubber pressure hose just because they seem to cause prblems.. The main issue I have is that it seems like its not even building any pressure because the brake lever goes all the way down and will come back up when you release the brake lever.. I guess the rear hand brake works because its mechanial ?

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 05:26:26 PM »
If there is no effort to pull the lever, then I would think the issue is at the master cylinder.