Author Topic: someone help bought a fl350 today it will not fire  (Read 1993 times)

corey

• View Profile
someone help bought a fl350 today it will not fire
« on: December 21, 2012, 06:18:26 PM »
well i bought me a fl350 today for 650.00 i cant get it to fire i took the ignition coil off put it on my 85 honda 250es bigred and it works as i did the same for the cdi it works still no fire i have traced the grounds down cleaned them reattached still nothing pull or electric start neither will fire could the regulator keep it from firing probably sound stupid but im new to this thanks for the help in advance

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: someone help bought a fl350 today it will not fire
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 12:28:25 AM »
Could be a few things...There is a pulse generator in the alternator...Also could be the spark plug wire/cap...There are instructions in the manual for checking all the components....
http://aftershockmotorsports.com/manuals/Honda/FL350R-Odyssey/Honda-FL350R-Odyssey-Manual.pdf

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: someone help bought a fl350 today it will not fire
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 10:47:02 AM »
Are you using the electric start or the pull starter? If electric, try with the pull starter. The electric starter will draw power away from the ignition when it starts to go bad. It will still whip it over full speed, just prevent spark.