Author Topic: New fl350 owner needs some advice  (Read 1856 times)

Medicine_ManNW

• View Profile
New fl350 owner needs some advice
« on: June 25, 2012, 01:33:50 AM »
Hey everyone new to the forum and the odyssey, hoping for some advice. Been riding dunes forever now but have no real sand rail/buggy experience. But I was just given a fl350 frame for nothing so I've decided to build it from the ground up.  What I am aiming for with this build will be a proper dune machine. Going for something around 100 horse(thinking a 670 or 583 rotax), a arms with Atleast 12 inches travel all around, but the part I'm having trouble coming up with is an independent rear suspension.

I would appreciate suggestions or advice especially from someone who had done a swap or independent rear suspension set up. Thanks in advance for any help

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New fl350 owner needs some advice
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 07:51:49 AM »
The stock swing arm is a pretty decent....Since you are building from scratch,I would consider a set up that used cv joints on the axles so you can use radius rods to help give the rear a bit more support....

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: New fl350 owner needs some advice
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 10:58:43 AM »
Now that the OEM axles are no longer available, I am starting back up on work on the rear long travel suspension I started years ago. I will be using the same CV joints used on a Formula Cross which came with a 583 Rotax in some years: http://www.aftershockmotorsports.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=22&products_id=60

The Formula Cross is a 3 link just like the FL350R is, but the geometry is much better as well as not using the axle as one of the lateral links.