Author Topic: E3 spark plugs...  (Read 2131 times)

SniperMan

• View Profile
E3 spark plugs...
« on: June 03, 2012, 12:11:53 PM »
Are they any good for an FL350 or is there something better out there, to make sure that at the end i will have the maximum fire possible to burn that fuel ????
And while i'm at it my coil is probably as old as the FL it self so what would be the best replacement for it, to ounce again having the most power possible at the end of the line.

Note here that i intend to keep my FL 350 stock (or almost) i dont want to put some expensive racing parts in it for nothing, but if i can play around the stock engine, like playing with the size of the carb, the jetting, air induction, fire power ect... i will do it.
So i can get the best of what the original motor can give me.

KTM265

• View Profile
Re: E3 spark plugs...
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 12:47:06 PM »
Have you done a compression check on your motor yet?  Good solid stock motor starts with that...if it's low, a fresh top end will do wonders...
You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

SniperMan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 02:44:10 PM »
Have you done a compression check on your motor yet?  Good solid stock motor starts with that...if it's low, a fresh top end will do wonders...

I must admit that i haven't done that yet but i will do it for sure before starting to put money anywhere else.

ttyR2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 03:06:56 PM »
All the sparkplug has to do is light the mixture. E3's don't work any better than standard NGK's. Likewise some flamethrower 60kV ignition coil doesn't actually work any better than the stock OEM Honda coil.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 07:57:53 PM »
My engine is piped, ported, bigger carb, intake, etc. I run a stock coil and an NGK BR8ES plug.