Author Topic: Pilot Vids  (Read 7095 times)

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pilot Vids
« on: May 13, 2012, 09:06:15 AM »
Wanted to start a thread to show a few recent Pilot Vids of mine. Feel free to add your own...and surf around my YouTube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUz04hcjrYw&feature=channel&list=UL

KTM265

• View Profile
Re: Pilot Vids
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 08:32:10 PM »
We're welding in a bunch of camera mounts on mine so expect to have some videos up soon...  8)
You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 10:29:03 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9cpaeB5n1w

These trails give D-town a run for their money. You could get lost up there...luckily there was an ATV club meeting when we rolled back up to the parking lot. I gladly paid 5 bucks for a map and was able to navigate around for the rest of the day. Not kidding when I say average speed must have been close to 60Mph all day. This system is in Errol, NH. Google it and see...its so close to Canada that the club prez and the members were speaking French LOL.

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 11:29:09 PM »
They surrendered to you???   ;D  I need to download my videos off my go-pro...edit some music and such in. 
You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 01:01:37 PM »
Looks like fun!!!! Watch out for those log trucks!!!!

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 04:14:41 PM »
More like the moose...all the trucks were out of service thankfully. Almost everyone we talked to saw at least one that day...not us or not on the trails at least lol.

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 07:18:51 PM »
I got to split a herd of elk out in AZ a few years back...We sat there watching them, they sat there watching us...beautiful scene...not something you see in the city, that's for sure.  Perks of the hobby we enjoy I guess... :)

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 03:03:54 PM »
100% agree...saw some views (@ high speed and when we stopped) that made me feel like I was looking off into Ferngully or Avatar land. There is nothing like the feeling of riding some of the most beautiful places on earth...and viewing wildlife and nature. Makes me kinda feel guilty for building such a racey and loud machine when I go out there...but then again thats probably why we didnt encounter any wildlife on the trail.

Locals have told me stories about how aggressive the moose get during the rut...they have been known to charge even the biggest vehicles unexpectedly. For that reason we will not plan any trips during rutting season lol. Out there its just you, your machine and like 50 miles to anything...not somewhere you wanna get in a wildlife tangle or do something daring or silly. Thats kinda why I was off and on the gas in the vid...between spotting open trail and watching the digatron numbers I wanted to stay safe.

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 07:36:44 AM »
Yeah, people say racing is dangerous, but if you tangle with a tree (or moose!) out on remote trails, there is no ambulance standing by to come to your aid.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 02:53:07 PM »
Ya...I do way more crazy stuff @ the track too. That ambulance on standby has a way of inspiring EXTRA confidence LMFAO:)

Luke broke an axle...and just getting to the machine took 2 extra hours. I CRINGE to think what kind of NIGHTMARE it would be to get an ambulance or air lift out there...without GPS mapping or cell service. One of my next add ons for trail riding is gonna be a GPS for sure...thought about some kind of supersonic noisemaker to deter the wildlife but HOPING that Power Pros has that covered lol. (meaning my loud exhaust)

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2012, 09:11:11 AM »
Im going up to The Great North Woods of NH this weekend...there is an ATV Jamboree planned. Im hoping to get some vid of all of the things the trails bureau and the town do to welcome ATV's. I wished I had been running the GoPro when I came thru town on the last trip. I think around 6 miles on the road through downtown...waiting at the lights in a PILOT...priceless experience. I have heard the entire road system is open to ATV's for this event...bringin the CRF and the Pilot. Gotta buy some memory cards...

Just throwin it out there HOOD...this place is TOTALLY WORTH coming on a trip to. Hint Hint...and its right in sled country for the winter too HINT HINT. 

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2012, 06:40:01 PM »
What is the name of the town?

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2012, 08:13:47 AM »
The area of Berlin, NH. But includes for summer ATV usage Berlin, Gorham, Success, Errol, Pittsburg. Winter usage is ENDLESS...you could start in the Berlin area and run West to VT or Canada, North to Canada, East to Maine, or South to just about anywhwere in NH...About 800 miles for summer riding currently and THOUSANDS of miles of winter sled trails.

I have been totally scheming on property up around this area to do something similar to D-Town...but it would be Sleds and Winter Fun too.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2012, 08:19:17 AM by Factory 45 »

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2012, 10:01:38 AM »
Being so far North, it sounds like a good spot to have summer meets when the temps are up.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2012, 01:51:27 PM »
Holy smoke!!!!!
     Starting Location

Mckenzie, TN Edit

Cancel

Ending Location

Berlin, NH Edit

Cancel