Author Topic: How Many Guys Are Racing "The Ranch" ?????  (Read 6268 times)

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
How Many Guys Are Racing "The Ranch" ?????
« on: April 06, 2012, 05:44:49 AM »
The people @ The Ranch have a pretty fun looking track. They are nice enough to include Pilot/Ody/Stadium Lite Racing in their yearly schedule. My buddy Luke and I have talked and it seems like a fun weekend hoot to go take part in this. I will not be setting up to make a full season out of it...but am horny to race a few for sure. Who takes part...how many guys show...best turnouts early season, mid, late? I have been in touch with the owner...and it seems to be as laid back as most of the motorsports parks I have been to. Anybody here been...or plan on going?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 05:49:18 AM by Factory 45 »

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: How Many Guys Are Racing "The Ranch" ?????
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 10:55:07 AM »
Is that Phil's track? What state is that in?

pjohnson66

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 11:53:59 AM »
Not sure what track he is talking about. My track Stone City ranch may reopen next year with  complete new tracks short, mx, and woods/endurance course. Locals are pushing me to reopen but i want a new track setup and a seperate mx track. An oval would also be in the future. We are discussing reopening with a group to mange it. I'm about half way on my new kawasaki powered single seater I also have mini sprints so pretty busy with racecars. i have opened a powder coating shop as well and busy with that. When we reopen the track it will be run by a group as i dont have enough hours in a day by myself. It takes alot to run a race track. Where is this track you are talking about is it short course and does it have any endurance racing?

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 02:08:28 PM »
This track Im talking about is in PA. Its a short course on the NOORA circuit to the best of my knowledge. Im gonna take this trip a few times this summer but not if im gonna be the only guy there...or if its closed.

Its called Rolling W Ranch in Sudbury PA.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:11:41 PM by Factory 45 »

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 06:37:17 PM »
I'll be racing some with NOORA this year. I won't be able to make the first one this weekend, though.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 07:20:16 PM »
Not sure what track he is talking about. My track Stone City ranch may reopen next year with  complete new tracks short, mx, and woods/endurance course. Locals are pushing me to reopen but i want a new track setup and a seperate mx track. An oval would also be in the future. We are discussing reopening with a group to mange it. I'm about half way on my new kawasaki powered single seater I also have mini sprints so pretty busy with racecars. i have opened a powder coating shop as well and busy with that. When we reopen the track it will be run by a group as i dont have enough hours in a day by myself. It takes alot to run a race track. Where is this track you are talking about is it short course and does it have any endurance racing?

This is you too, right: http://www.odysseypilot.com/index.php?action=profile;u=16

I can merge the IDs together. It is possible to have yet another since this board was the merger of 2 other boards.

pjohnson66

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 08:23:46 PM »
Lol ya i forgot i even had that one oops

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 08:43:09 PM »
Odypilots...I figured you were gonna bite :) I am holding off on the first one too. The owner told me for the first race I didnt need all the racing do dads...so Im gonna come run it. I will hold off on the nerfs till I know Im hooked. Do they get reasonable turnouts? You can count on 2 more for sure...you will have to give me heads up when you plan on going so we can plan on this end for time off and whatever.

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 09:18:42 PM »
The turnout lately has been decent from what I've seen. *** I'll post up when i plan on going.  :)

***Past participation is no indicator of future participation. ;D

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »
That's a little far for me to drive for a weekend of racing... If anyone near Iowa, IATVHSS puts on a good program with UTV racing on Saturdays, ATV classes on Sundays...They are allowing the Pilots to run in a class with the UTVs. 
You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2012, 06:28:45 AM »
Oh yes...hear ya on the driving. The Ranch is 9hrs for me...BUT may take a few extra trips other than that one and Dtown.  Odypilots...DEF hit me up when you are going.

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2012, 11:30:38 PM »
I'll be at the next one, Short course on Saturday, June 2nd and an enduro on Sunday the 3rd.

My main interest is the short course on Saturday, but I'd consider staying over for the enduro.

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2012, 10:47:36 AM »
Nice...that weekend may work. I will have to blow off a race here but Im sure it wont be a huge issue. Looks like it was a decent turnout for that first race. Pretty stoked to come try it out...looks like Im gonna have to add a hood or temp rock screen just in case.

Any insight to the enduro? Is it on the main track...then a woods loop? Or some other kinda setup or somethin?

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2012, 11:03:03 AM »
They expand the track somehow, but no idea about track length. That was a good turnout for the first one. No need to bring a 400 with all those sled engined buggies there!

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2012, 11:28:29 AM »
Thanks for being honest...SUX but if Im just gonna get spanked then I will just stay home. :(

And start thinkin about a horny RACE Pilot...:)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 11:34:32 AM by Factory 45 »