Author Topic: Race Prepping FL400R  (Read 46341 times)

KTM265

• View Profile
Re: Race Prepping FL400R
« Reply #105 on: October 10, 2012, 01:35:44 AM »
Thanks, it's getting there...just need more time to work on it...been really busy with work, CVMA and building a new garage and trying to get that done before the snow flies...
You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2013, 04:56:42 AM »
Time to update, sorry for the delay....It's finished.  It's been about a year in the making...off and on...but it's finally done.  I bolted on the last little bit today, adding a little bling...

It's off to the sign company now to add a body skin in my sponsor's colors...
You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2013, 08:53:45 AM »
I was just wondering a few days ago what happened to you...Glad to see you didn't give up.....
Ok....Is that an alternator I see sticking up back there?
Hoodlum

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2013, 11:46:21 PM »
 8)  Yes it is... We all know parts are tough to find, we also know when we do find them they tend to be on the higher end...nothing wrong with that, supply and demand...etc... I find alternative ways to get around that so yes, that is an alternator.  With all the electical add-ons I have, the stock system wasn't producing enough juice...either cut some of the add-ons or find more power...I found an alternative power source to work perfect, plus provide a little bling...LOL.  There are few other little items on there that I'm sure our old buddy Loser would say can't work that seem to work great!  Guess those old dumbasses at a custom rod shop (build cars that are sold at Barret Jackson Auction) don't know what they are doing according to Loser...LMFAO.   :P

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2013, 07:19:53 PM »
Here is one last picture of it with all the panels on, forgot I hadn't posted on of it with all the body work... 8)

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2013, 10:42:39 PM »
This project was so much fun to do...Starting a new project and just picked this up on a deal tonight.  Now to find something to drop it in... 8)

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2013, 08:54:33 AM »
I have a Formula Cross frame: $1200

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 25, 2013, 07:43:40 PM »
Thanks but I'm thinking I'm going to design my own frame this time and look into going 4X4 with it...

yropr

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2013, 11:05:45 PM »
I was following this as a guest,I see now that you have this Pilot for sale on ebay.You stated in this thread that you made built in camera mounts and you would make some videos,do you have any videos of this Pilot in action?
Thanks

yropr

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 09, 2013, 11:08:28 PM »
I am a member on the other site,I never bashed you or anyone for that matter on the other site.I didnt know about this Pilot till the other day when someone posted your ad on ebay.
I have read this thread on your build and your constant bashing of hoser and the other site.Yes I must admit hoser does go off on people and others will join in.
But you did a lot of bragging about this build and how everything worked great and screw you hoser,but no one saw it and you have no video as promised.
If you can produce some video of your workmanship and the pilot in action,I will not eat crow because I have not cut your project down,but I will commend you on a job well done if thats the case.
If you cannot produce any video and were just going by your word,then you have proven nothing to hoser or anyone for that matter

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2013, 09:02:49 AM »
I think asking for a video is a reasonable request. While I could see you posting a video on hoser's site, him bashing it then deleting any posts that disagree with him: That is not going to happen here. Legit discussions are left. Only ranting/bashing is moderated. You're going to get bashed over on hoser's board if you do or if you don't. So forget that and take the high ground here.

yropr

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 14, 2013, 05:04:12 PM »
I think asking for a video is a reasonable request. While I could see you posting a video on hoser's site, him bashing it then deleting any posts that disagree with him: That is not going to happen here. Legit discussions are left. Only ranting/bashing is moderated. You're going to get bashed over on hoser's board if you do or if you don't. So forget that and take the high ground here.

I try to always take the high toad :)
I dont know if I agree with you about getting bashed on hosers board whether you do or you dont,I will concede that he comes on too strong sometimes.
I do not remember ktm 265 on hosers board or the thread they bashed him on and I havent looked it up to see,guess I should to give ktm265 a fair shake because he's getting bashed pretty hard.From what I'm reading they tried to help and he refused to listen
In this thread he says he welded nerf bars to strengthen frame,that was one of the things he was told on the other forum was a bad idea,I qoute
"He never understood that welding bumpers and nerfs directly to the frame was not gonna make it stronger get make the areas he welded to more prone to bending because thats now the impact point."
What is your feeling on that subject?
From reading this thread it looks like you had your concerns also whether this front end was going to work,But you did say it in a nice way :)
I would think if it worked as well as he said,he would have the "hoser cam" footage

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2013, 07:24:50 PM »
Welding the nerf bars would increase the rigidity of the frame, meaning it would twist less. That is assuming there is an issue with twist in the first place. Would it increase the likely hood of bending the frame in an impact: yes if just welded straight to the frame, no if there were additional gussets spreading the load over a larger area of the frame. Would I do it?: no. I would want to be able to replace them easily if damaged. Welding tubes on, gusseted, so the nerfs slide into them is a pretty good option.

I'm not sure that part was discussed here. I think it was already done. I would have suggested that instead of welding the nerf bars on, add a bar inside the roll cage 'windows' parallel with the sides of the yoke. Other's have done this before and it does make the frame more rigid.

Regardless, it is his machine to do with as he pleases.

yropr

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 15, 2013, 01:34:29 AM »
Welding the nerf bars would increase the rigidity of the frame, meaning it would twist less. That is assuming there is an issue with twist in the first place. Would it increase the likely hood of bending the frame in an impact: yes if just welded straight to the frame, no if there were additional gussets spreading the load over a larger area of the frame. Would I do it?: no. I would want to be able to replace them easily if damaged. Welding tubes on, gusseted, so the nerfs slide into them is a pretty good option.

I'm not sure that part was discussed here. I think it was already done. I would have suggested that instead of welding the nerf bars on, add a bar inside the roll cage 'windows' parallel with the sides of the yoke. Other's have done this before and it does make the frame more rigid.

Regardless, it is his machine to do with as he pleases.

Yes it is his to do with it what he chooses
Just finished reading the thread on this build at the other site.It started out real well with lots of help from other members then suddenly went bad when hoser banned ajsarmor,why he did that I dont know,from whats left on the thread I didnt think he deserved to be banned from what I can read
Ive grown tired of this thread, :)I didnt come here to bash ktm265 but to see if he had a rebuttal to the bashing he got and what he dished out about hoser,if his stuff worked he should have made sure he got it on "hoser cam"
Maybe the buyer of this Pilot will join one of the forums and we will see how it performs

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2013, 08:23:19 AM »
KTM265, send me a PM if you want the thread unlocked to respond to the request for video. I will also unlock for the person that bought the machine.