Author Topic: Right Side 6306/32 Main Bearing  (Read 13602 times)

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Right Side 6306/32 Main Bearing
« on: March 03, 2012, 06:14:29 PM »
I just recently found a good source for this bearing in NACHI...which is the equivelant to the OEM that Honda sells (Good Supply Still Avail. But NOT From Honda Currently) While searching this I was talking about Ceramic Bearings with one guy...and threw him the 6306/32 number to see if he had ever come across this bearing...HE HAD ONE IN STOCK. So I asked him where he got the order to do it...he replied "Pro Circuit called me on this for a Supercross KX450F they were building...this is the right main bearing" he said. "The only difference is this one has a groove cut in the outer race to allow a main bearing retainer...but it is a 6306/32" he said. So I picked up the phone and ordered one to see for myself from my Kawi distributor...got it today. YUP sure is a 6306/32 just like the guy said. This is a bearing that fits 09-12 Kawasaki KX450F so its not gonna be to hard to find from here on out guys and gals.

Can provide Kawi part numbers and will try to upload some pics if there are guys getting ready to build an engine and are having a hard time.

Now there is a NISSAN part number out there that works too...and I have one in my engine currently and have had zero problems. BUT...when you get ready to install the NISSAN bearing you have to pop the seals from BOTH sides and spray the OEM grease out of the cage and balls with cleaner and air.

The Kawi bearing ALSO has a metal seal on one side...but takes no time to remove and has NO GREASE to clean out...and because its being used in BRAND NEW machines...it has created a new demand that should keep it current for at least 10 years after the last model year that keeps it in their parts fiche.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Right Side 6306/32 Main Bearing
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2012, 08:12:49 AM »
This is good news!!!!!

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2012, 08:52:52 AM »
Its the least expensive of the available 6306/32 bearings currently. Its a quality JAPAN bearing that is intended for use as an engine main bearing with the tolerances for a powersports application. I have an extra NISSAN bearing for another build...but will use this one to get some R+D on my next build for sure. The guys on ebay are going to be pissed...and hopefully they stop raping. (over 100% mark up from some guys...but free shipping lol)

Adnoh

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2012, 11:19:06 AM »
Great news where do we get one to measure it up or do you have the deeminsions expesially the width. If you have a part number I can get the info from nachi.Width and clearence is what I'm most concerened with. Thanks for posting.

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2012, 04:47:10 PM »
Hang Tight For Me Guys...I HAVE the Kawi and Nissan bearings here...but am waiting for the NACHI to show up this week to do a comparison. Any tips to Photo Uploads? Photobucket?

On second though...may have one from my engine build...will check, measure and post a lil later.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2012, 05:11:38 PM »
Click reply
Click plus sign in front of attachments and other options just below box to type text in
Click browse and pick the file

Make sure to size it to a reasonable size before uploading though

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 09:26:38 PM »
THANK YOU LIVEWIRE :) Ok measurements verify that it is CORRECT for Pilot right main bearing. 72mm OD x 32mm ID x 19mm W you can see the groove Kawi put in it in the pic. Was able to locate 2 spent used NACHI bearings for the sake of comparison (pack rat) and the calipers saw dimensions identical on all 3.

I stripped the metal seal off and noted 6306Z was embossed into the seal...the part numbers if you wanna check any of these out yourself are pictured.

You heard it first from the DARKSIDE :)
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 09:33:07 PM by Factory 45 »

Adnoh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2012, 10:59:57 PM »
Nce job factory. Which way do you feel the kawie should be installed which side against the crank.

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2012, 07:07:39 AM »
Thanks Adnoh...have been keeping my eyes peeled for something else that fits this application...and Im sure there are more out there. This is a very limited bearing that has few applications in powersports...one of the year Suzuki LT models has this one in it as well I have been told. (Did not verify this myself just yet)

I would say to install this bearing the same way Kawi would install it. With the groove facing the crank...the center race is what makes contact with the right side crank lobe...and both sides of it (bearing center) are identical. The outer race has a nice rounded edge on the non groove side which would aid in centering the bearing during install. As well there will simply be more surface area against the cast case if installed this way.

With ZERO R+D on this bearing I could elaborate as to why my suggestion would be this way to install...but its purely theoretical. Until I have a NAKED right side case to inspect the oil port alignment and its relation to the bearing and the groove...Im sticking to my guns for now. May turn out that this groove becomes a nice oiling mod for the right side...but my only engine is all together right now...do not have a spare case half.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2012, 07:22:29 AM by Factory 45 »

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2012, 07:41:58 AM »
AWESOME!!!!!! I don't thing the retainer groove will help in oiling,as the widest part of the race will hit the case anyways....It would probably make getting it square in the case as you stated...I would definately put it toward the crank....
Hoodlum

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2012, 08:12:54 AM »
There is a hole at the bottom of the transfer ports that allows oil to flow in behind the bearing. Putting the gap at the back might allow a place for a reserve of oil. I think putting it toward the crank would probably be best without having the parts in my hand.

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2012, 09:19:40 AM »
Yup well put and I agree with both of you...these are the things bouncing around in my head as well. But without both a case and the Kawi bearing its just theory lol.

I have to say on a side note...Im glad to be able to share this stuff in an open discussion without worry of criticism. Going on a ride really made me realize we are a pretty small group...interested in a limited production model...and the more we give support the better shared the info becomes.

Adnoh

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2012, 10:54:42 AM »
All good info. while on the oiling subject with the open face or ring against the crank theres more room for vacume to pull from behind the bearing and then through.  as well as presuure to get it through. need to find a way to test the therory. One thing is less surface area of the outer race against the case. may be an ok trade off.  More ideas to throw out there later. good discussion .

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2012, 11:01:47 PM »
Yea,kinda like a ported bearing!!!!! Should be able to charge extra for that!!!!!

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2012, 12:18:28 AM »
LOL...Hell other guys are claiming all this silly custom stuff in regards to this bearing...WHY NOT right? LOL  Another topic to add to this post...anyone ever spend the cake on a CERAMIC bearing and use it? I know they are popular in Karting...just curious.