Author Topic: Roll Call  (Read 5965 times)

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Roll Call
« on: August 24, 2011, 10:16:56 AM »
Let us know who has found their way over.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Roll Call
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 05:54:17 PM »
I have!

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 06:04:05 PM »
Hmm, it looks like post counts are off. I'll have to look into fixing that. Post counts are now the total of posts from both forums.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 06:11:12 PM by LiveWire »

baz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 07:40:19 AM »
I have,I think?...Does this involve a breatherliser?

Baja Rick

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 08:37:42 AM »
 I almost got lost, but I made it

nevadanotch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 10:58:21 AM »
Present and accounted for Sir!
High Speed Soil Sampler!

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 11:05:08 AM »
Finally made it. :P
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 10:52:53 AM »
About time ;)

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 10:03:02 AM »
I was not the one who shut down p-o-ps. I wanted to wrap up some loose ends first, but I have not had the time. It looks like this site is it now though.

I will still see if I can get the p-o-ps posts that were made after the merge. If I do, it may still be a bit before I can merge them in since there is no automated way to do it. I have to create a custom tool.

ridethedesert

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 01:37:43 AM »
Weird. I don't remember signing up for this forum or the old one but apparently I have 2 accounts. Ridethedesert and Calcity (last post 2008?) damn.

Also not cool whoever hacked the pilotodyssey forum.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2011, 12:25:15 AM »
Welcome!!!! I hated to see the old forum go as well...Not sure what happened there....Lots of good info left with the forum.....
Hoodlum

desert racer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 01:06:21 AM »
I was wondering what happened to the other site.Glad I looked.

DMoneyAllstar

• Hello. My name is Dan, and I'm addicted to buggies
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 09:52:33 AM »
Yep, was wondering myself.  Ton of good info on the other site.  Glad it happened. :)
'85 FL350R Odyssey
'88 LT500R Quadzilla

Corn, beans, wheat, and trees - no sand!

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 12:50:19 PM »
Weird. I don't remember signing up for this forum or the old one but apparently I have 2 accounts. Ridethedesert and Calcity (last post 2008?) damn.

Also not cool whoever hacked the pilotodyssey forum.

You probably were a member of quickieracing and p-o-ps with the two IDs. I ran a maintenance task that linked the post from Calcity to Ridethedesert then deleted the Calcity ID.

I have not spoken to Chris about p-o-ps not being available anymore. I did not take it down. He may have thought or was done or I was taking too long to finish up the move. It was going to always go away. I wanted to save the content by merging it into this board.

Hackers and SPAMers are constantly trying to hack into every forum out there. There were hacking attempts here before the URL was even public. They must have just been scanning the new domain name. I have had a board under my control hacked into as well as a shopping cart site I created. Both were a result of not updating to the latest security patch quickly enough. A problem with using open source software is that security flaws are made public when the fix for them is released. If you don't apply the fix, hackers now have documentation on an exploit they can use. Looking at the logs for this site, there are more attempts to hack it than legitimate users. The Chinese military tries to hack US sites to install a proxy for hacking into other US sites that already block the Chinese IPs. SPAMers want to either post their links or install proxies for simulating clicks to pay per click ads. I am blocking huge blocks of Chinese and eastern European IP ranges. RIPE IP blocks are commonly broken up into smaller chunks just so when you look up the block and ban it, it is still only a small sub section. So I look up the next block and if the ownership matches, I block that too then go to the next block and so on. Sometimes I do a look up on a RIPE assigned address and it tells me it is the entire range 0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255. It is pretty sad when at that high of a level, they are are helping the hackers. Basically it seems in that part of the world, hacking is considered mainstream acceptable business.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2011, 10:53:15 AM »
I guess the board data was lost on hoser's board. That spurred me to do a backup of this one. I have backups from prior to the merge, but the merge was a lot of work I would not want to redo. It's nice that with SMF, any board admin can get a backup without special skills or permissions. Most would not know what to do with it, but it would exist if/when needed.