Author Topic: WANTED : White spring 19-24 lbs for a Driven Clutch FL350  (Read 6107 times)

civic99lx

• View Profile
WANTED : White spring 19-24 lbs for a Driven Clutch FL350
« on: August 04, 2011, 12:31:03 PM »
Hello Gang , i need a White spring 19-24 lbs to increase the pressure  at my Driven clutch . I Need  more pressure ,  and  if  you have a answer  or  the white  spring  can you contact me please there or by e-mail .  My e-mail  is  : [email protected]

Tanks  A+

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 05:15:21 PM »
What type clutch and what is it on?

civic99lx

• View Profile
clutch
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 07:07:05 PM »
Quote from: "Hoodlum"
What type clutch and what is it on?

Hello  i need the white spring 18-24lbs, into my Driven Clutch of my oddy FL350 ,  the driven clutch  is a Honda clutch.  i need  the white spring  for add more LBS pressure , because  the OEM Honda black spring pressure 16-18 lbs is  not rather sufficient for my setup.

I need a white spring  to increase the pressure  or if you have a answer or another idea to give more pressure  to my Driven  i take it.

Tanks  A+

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 04:02:51 PM »
Are you sure the spring is the problem? Have you checked the sliders on the helix? What problem are you haveing? Try http://www.aftershockmotorsports.com

civic99lx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 01:22:01 PM »
Are you sure the spring is the problem? Have you checked the sliders on the helix? What problem are you haveing? Try http://www.aftershockmotorsports.com

Ok tanks  , and yes  i think is  the pressure  into the driven because  i have another motor into my oddy and it run 9000 rpm , also i need  a driven open more slowly . Because  with the black spring in  the clutch, the clutch open too faster and  i loose speed  and the motor torque (work strong) , scuse my writing  i'm french lololll .   A+

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2011, 10:09:31 PM »
Quote from: "civic99lx"

Ok tanks  , and yes  i think is  the pressure  into the driven because  i have another motor into my oddy and it run 9000 rpm , also i need  a driven open more slowly . Because  with the black spring in  the clutch, the clutch open too faster and  i loose speed  and the motor torque (work strong) , scuse my writing  i'm french lololll .   A+

If you are running 9000 rpm's,you need to get rid of the clutches...They are not designed to handle that many rpm's and will come apart...It could cause major damage to your oddy as well as you....You will never get them tuned to operate correctly in that rpm range....

civic99lx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, 06:35:35 AM »

If you are running 9000 rpm's,you need to get rid of the clutches...They are not designed to handle that many rpm's and will come apart...It could cause major damage to your oddy as well as you....You will never get them tuned to operate correctly in that rpm range....

I make a mistake  the  motor  don't run 9000Rpm  ,  the top end is 7200 arond.  And  i need more pressure  realy  in my driven  clutch .  I take rides  with the Oddy  and  it run great  but   is only the clutch transfer ,  is too fast  and  the Oddy torque at top speed because  the Driven  open too fast. I use a 108c drive clutch at my sled motor ,  and  i use the Honda Driven .  Have  you a idea how  i can give  more pressure  at  my Driven  ?  

Tanks

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2011, 02:19:56 PM »

I make a mistake  the  motor  don't run 9000Rpm  ,  the top end is 7200 arond.  And  i need more pressure  realy  in my driven  clutch .  I take rides  with the Oddy  and  it run great  but   is only the clutch transfer ,  is too fast  and  the Oddy torque at top speed because  the Driven  open too fast. I use a 108c drive clutch at my sled motor ,  and  i use the Honda Driven .  Have  you a idea how  i can give  more pressure  at  my Driven  ?  

Tanks

I would focus more on the 108c first....Have you tried a different spring in it? The driven will only shift out as fast as the drive clutch requires it to shift...Too much pressure on the driven,and you will probably start breaking belts....If i'm not mistaken,the spring in the driven will effect downshift when off the gas more than shifting under power....I am not a 108 expert,but have heard the heel clicker kit makes them much more adjustable....

civic99lx

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2011, 04:42:18 PM »
Tanks  tanks  for infos  ,  and  like  you have say , the driven with more pressure  give a clutch open more slowly, and in the same idea , will stay more time in little gear ?  Because  , my trouble  is exactly  the driven go too faster in big gear  and  the oddy torque ( work strong) .  It is exactly my trouble,  scuse  i'm french  i try to explan my idea correctly.

Tanks  A+

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2011, 09:41:13 PM »
Tanks  tanks  for infos  ,  and  like  you have say , the driven with more pressure  give a clutch open more slowly, and in the same idea , will stay more time in little gear ?  Because  , my trouble  is exactly  the driven go too faster in big gear  and  the oddy torque ( work strong) .  It is exactly my trouble,  scuse  i'm french  i try to explan my idea correctly.

Tanks  A+

Are you referring to the 108 as the driven? Actually,that is the drive...The driven is the clutch on the transmission/gear box.....That may be where some of the confusion is coming from....

civic99lx

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 06:47:03 AM »

Tanks  A+

Are you referring to the 108 as the driven? Actually,that is the drive...The driven is the clutch on the transmission/gear box.....That may be where some of the confusion is coming from....

Hein ?? ,  yes  i talk about  the driven  not  the 108c drive clutch , i talk already about  the driven clutch ?.

It  is  me   i don't write good  i think ?
A+

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2011, 07:54:44 AM »

Tanks  A+

Hein ?? ,  yes  i talk about  the driven  not  the 108c drive clutch , i talk already about  the driven clutch ?.

A+

Look here http://odysseysalvage.com/350page.html they have one for $24

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2011, 10:21:48 AM »
I just wind my driven clutch spring one more turn. Also, my 350 spins over 9000 RPM and the 102C clutch hasn't exploded yet.

civic99lx

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 09:12:45 AM »
Quote from: "LiveWire"
I just wind my driven clutch spring one more turn. Also, my 350 spins over 9000 RPM and the 102C clutch hasn't exploded yet.

Tanks tanks ,  i do it   but   the  original pressure is arond 19LBS , and  with 1 turn is become 35LBS pressure , it is Too much ? i can loose pressure to a 3/4 turn if is too much  and  i think with 3/4 turn i got arond 25lbs pressure , what  do you think about that  ? 25lbs or 35 lbs  is better ?  because  i don't want  to cause damage into my driven  too.  And  they are 3 position to put the spring  to load  , and  if  i put it  into the second Pin (position) i think i can do 3/4 turn .    i Ask  you this  because  i'm a newbee with this clutch setting.

Tanks  A+

civic99lx

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 09:18:40 AM »

Tanks  A+

A+

Look here http://odysseysalvage.com/350page.html they have one for $24

Yes  i know  , i try to contact  this seller and after many e-mail  i don't have receive any answer ????