Author Topic: Gravity Fuel / Carb / Fuel Mix  (Read 1892 times)

hudracing

• View Profile
Gravity Fuel / Carb / Fuel Mix
« on: April 02, 2010, 07:05:09 AM »
Gravity Fuel / Carb - I just pick up a 83 FL250 that has a 3.5 gallon tank above the motor with fuel line going directly to carb (with a filter in the line).  It starts up fine but bogs down at about 1/2 throttle.  After shutting down fuel flows out the carb.  The float and valve seat seem to be fine.  Needle is in the 3 slot.  Using NGK plug.

Fuel Mix - I am using 20:1 (87% fuel from the pump).  

What would you recommend?  I have a manual and everything looks right just not able to get it right.

1982fl250c

Re: Gravity Fuel / Carb / Fuel Mix
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2010, 06:21:36 PM »
Quote from: "hudracing"
Gravity Fuel / Carb - I just pick up a 83 FL250 that has a 3.5 gallon tank above the motor with fuel line going directly to carb (with a filter in the line).  It starts up fine but bogs down at about 1/2 throttle.  After shutting down fuel flows out the carb.  The float and valve seat seem to be fine.  Needle is in the 3 slot.  Using NGK plug.

Fuel Mix - I am using 20:1 (87% fuel from the pump).  

What would you recommend?  I have a manual and everything looks right just not able to get it right.
hi it is better with the gas pump gravity is not recommended.!! and fuel 32:1 is better mix for longer life of piston..! :lol:

hudracing

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 10:41:26 PM »
Thanks I will give it a shot.

dtrain56

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 10:45:43 AM »
why is gravity feed bad?

1982fl250c

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 01:20:01 PM »
Quote from: "dtrain56"
why is gravity feed bad?
well it will kill your piston burn it out 10 times faster always use a gas pump they are all over from snowmobile easy to get and save a lot of $$$ from buying a piston every season the most commend cause it lack of air for the gas to flow at it needs for the engine ..!! :wink: