Author Topic: power bloc  (Read 3585 times)

FL 4OO DOGG

• View Profile
power bloc
« on: October 26, 2010, 10:28:57 AM »
What are my choices for power bloc dealers?

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: power bloc
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 09:36:17 AM »
Quote from: "FL 4OO DOGG"
What are my choices for power bloc dealers?

The only ones available new are made by a company from Canada.....
http://www.atvracing1.com has them......
Hoodlum

FL 4OO DOGG

• View Profile
power bloc
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2010, 09:10:02 AM »
Is atvr the only place that sells these?Ihave purchased two from niel already and both have come loose even though they were installed correctly.atvr accuses me of installing incorrectly,total b.s..The d was alined and the bolt was torqued down to 80lbs.They say if you install correctly the bolt will NEVER come loose,total b.s..My first one lasted about 20 hours,second one 3 hours.These clutches need to be checked constantly for loosening.Anyway,I am extremely disappointed with atvrs poor customer service,instead trying to work it out with me they just accuse me of incorrect install and thumb there nose at my legit complaint.I have spent several thousand bucks at atvr and have been pretty happy with them in the past but they are really dropping the ball on this one, not sure I want to do business with them anymore.

Adnoh

• View Profile
power bloc
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2010, 08:17:15 PM »
I have a couple of thought on the subject. Since it has happened twice and you are installing correctly. Here's my take of possible problems. #1 did you install new bolt both times you installed new clutch. If yes then #2 I would look at the crank threads and or the bolt threads that came with the clutch. #3 if the the clutch threads are OK and the crank threads are good than I would look at the mating surfaces of the crank and the clutch. #4 make sure the bolts not bottoming out in the crank or an obstruction giving a good torque reading with the clutch taperes not tight or that the bolt threads are bottoming out on the crank. Install bolt with out the clutch and measure and work backward to make sure its not a bolt length issue.

What clutch did you have before the problem started. Did you use lock tight on the threads. You can check the stretch by threading on a long nipple and if it binds as you tighten it up on the bolts than its a thread problem. I my self have never had one come loose so I'm throwing things out.  I have used the alt and presently use the hrd and never had one come loose.

How about some pics of the two clutches and the bolts.  I will go out and measure  up an old ALT bolt and post for reference

Another thing may be a engine vibration causing it fail.

Adnoh

• View Profile
power bloc
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2010, 09:58:41 PM »
Went out and took some quick numbers on the bolt.

Bolt lenght 139.5 mm
Bolt lenght bottomed out in crank 102.26 mm
Threads on bolt 44.16 mm
Depth of hole in crank 43.56 mm
Depth of threads in crank 37.24 mm
Thread is crank with clutch on 19.87 mm
 *Approxamant thread left for longer bolt if needed 17.4 mm in case of crank threads bad
* My crank My bolt My clutch

Here is some pics

Adnoh

• View Profile
power bloc
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2010, 10:00:29 PM »
more pics

FL 4OO DOGG

• View Profile
power bloc
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2010, 09:27:57 AM »
Thanks for the info, Ill be sure to check those issues.Is atvr the only supplier for power bloc?Dont get me wrong they have been very helpfull in the past and I have done alot of business with them but Im just curious if they are the only dealer.

Adnoh

• View Profile
power bloc
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2010, 11:40:25 AM »
Try CW racing. Our first ALT's came from him.  Also contact powerblock and get a dealer list. There out of canada. Last time I talked to HRD they had two left and was not going to get any more made. Unless a minium order was made. There getting out of the business which is a bummer they were great to work with and I had several great talks with them.

How about a pick or two of the destroyed clutches.