Author Topic: carb jetting  (Read 3370 times)

makinc80

• View Profile
carb jetting
« on: January 26, 2010, 07:52:29 PM »
i have an fl250 i bored out and put an open airbox on.  i cant find an assortment of jets for it.  are all mikuni carb jets interchangable.  anyone have a part number for the stock mikuni carb or sizing info.  a formula to start with perhaps......thanks all!

makinc80

• View Profile
p.s
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2010, 07:53:35 PM »
also added an aftermarket dg pipe.....

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
carb jetting
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 05:18:48 PM »
You might start out by checking Sudco's web site.  They have exploded views of most carbs.

Dennis Kirk is also a good source for jetting.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

kdxman777

• View Profile
fl250 jetting
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, 11:05:51 PM »
i went to my nearest motorcycle dealer and bought the keihin carb jet kit. my came with 5 jets 110, 112, 115, 118, and 120. you can also order the 5 sizes above 120. hope this helps. my odyssey was bored out and was told to get a smaller main jet because my odyssey was bogging and had no power.

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
carb jetting
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2010, 06:15:12 AM »
Was it bogging or was it hesitating?  They both have the same overall affect: loss of power, can't pull through the revs, but they are different too.

Bogging - rich, smokes, burbles, sounds like it's trying to drown.

hesitation - lean.  Just doesn't pull, gets hot, feels very weak.

Give this a look.  It tells you how to go about jetting your carb.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

dhjunkie

• View Profile
carb jetting
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 10:42:36 AM »
Posting at 3:15am---  my god man, I thought I was nuts for getting up at that hour!  you were up and posting, I knew you were certifiable! :lol:

makinc80

• View Profile
thanks
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 09:11:57 AM »
thanks all....awesome info!!!!

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
carb jetting
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2010, 10:39:11 AM »
I've only had one Mikuni, but when I was shopping for jets, I was warned that there are different types of jets for them. I'd take the jets from your carb to a bike shop, they should be able to help you out.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)