Author Topic: Need Wheel Sizing & Offset Advice For An FL400  (Read 6400 times)

emgee00

• View Profile
Need Wheel Sizing & Offset Advice For An FL400
« on: January 10, 2010, 11:48:41 PM »
I just bought my son a really clean '89 Pilot and need advice on the optimum wheel sizing/offsets and stock sizing/offsets. I have a hook-up with Hiper Carbon Fiber Wheels and need to know if these will make a good choice for the Pilot.

This is our 4th Pilot over the past dozen or so years.

The Pilot came with dirt tires on Douglas Red Label Wheels and a good set of paddles & razors on beadlocks. I am considering getting some Hiper's for the sand tires and putting the aluminum beadlocks on the dirt tires.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Need Wheel Sizing & Offset Advice For An FL400
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 05:04:18 PM »
Quote from: "emgee00"
I just bought my son a really clean '89 Pilot and need advice on the optimum wheel sizing/offsets and stock sizing/offsets. I have a hook-up with Hiper Carbon Fiber Wheels and need to know if these will make a good choice for the Pilot.

The Pilot came with dirt tires on Douglas Red Label Wheels and a good set of paddles & razors on beadlocks. I am considering getting some Hiper's for the sand tires and putting the aluminum beadlocks on the dirt tires.

Contact Steve at http://www.aftershockmotorsports.com  
He has some aftermarket steel wheels for the front that are as close to stock offset as you can possibly get,which is very important for proper handling...Seems like they were around $70 a piece,+/-...Can't remember exactly...I don't think they are listed on his site,but he has them...
Hoodlum

emgee00

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 06:11:42 PM »
Quote from: "Hoodlum"

Contact Steve at  
He has some aftermarket steel wheels for the front that are as close to stock offset as you can possibly get,which is very important for proper handling...Seems like they were around $70 a piece,+/-...Can't remember exactly...I don't think they are listed on his site,but he has them...
Hoodlum

Hoodlum

thanks for the reply but I wasn't looking to buy wheels, especially steel ones. If anything, I want to try to lighten things up, hence the carbon fiber wheels.

I was hoping to get the stock wheel sizes and maybe some input as to some better scenarios of sizes and offsets, if any exist. Either way, I will be putting some Hiper Carbon Fiber wheels on....just need to know what to go with.

thanks for the info though. Do you know the stock info? Thanks, mg

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2010, 09:17:47 AM »

Contact Steve at  
Hoodlum

Hoodlum

thanks for the reply but I wasn't looking to buy wheels, especially steel ones. If anything, I want to try to lighten things up, hence the carbon fiber wheels.

I was hoping to get the stock wheel sizes and maybe some input as to some better scenarios of sizes and offsets, if any exist. Either way, I will be putting some Hiper Carbon Fiber wheels on....just need to know what to go with.

Stocks are 10x5.5...The offset is something like 4.25+.75,but the closest they will probably be able to get you is a 4+1.5,06 maybe even a 4+2...
FYI,if they can't get them pretty close,the loss of handling will strongly outweigh and gains you'll get by the minimal weight loss of the hypers....
Hoodlum

emgee00

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 11:25:23 AM »

Contact Steve at  
Hoodlum

Hoodlum

Stocks are 10x5.5...The offset is something like 4.25+.75,but the closest they will probably be able to get you is a 4+1.5,06 maybe even a 4+2...
FYI,if they can't get them pretty close,the loss of handling will strongly outweigh and gains you'll get by the minimal weight loss of the hypers....
Hoodlum

Hoodlum

Thanks for the info. Hiper sells a 10" 4+1 offset from single beadlock wheel. Do you know what the back wheel size and offset are? Thanks for the help!

turbotexas

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2010, 10:28:07 AM »
Here is what your looking for!!!
From a trusted pilot and odyssey vendor!!!

http://www.pilotodysseyperformance.com/index.php?cat_id=10

emgee00

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2010, 10:43:01 AM »
Quote from: "turbotexas"
Here is what your looking for!!!
From a trusted pilot and odyssey vendor!!!

http://www.pilotodysseyperformance.com/index.php?cat_id=10

Thanks, torbotexas!

This looks to be a very complete store with lots of goodies. Thanks for the link. I now have them in my favorites :)

atvnut

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2010, 01:11:13 PM »
another great vendor who the above vendor actually buys products from is www.aftershockmotorsports.com
Thank you
"The Nut"

emgee00

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 02:15:38 PM »
Quote from: "AtvNut"
another great vendor who the above vendor actually buys products from is www.aftershockmotorsports.com

Thanks, AtvNut!