Author Topic: steering  (Read 1389 times)

myoldgold

• View Profile
steering
« on: December 14, 2009, 10:27:35 AM »
my fl350 turns tighter turns when going left and very wide on right turns is this normal or is their a way to center steering so that it is equal

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: steering
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 01:58:07 PM »
Quote from: "myoldgold"
my fl350 turns tighter turns when going left and very wide on right turns is this normal or is their a way to center steering so that it is equal

First,look at the tie rods and make sure they are close to the same length...If they are,then the bump stops are probably worn or broken off of one side...If they are not,then someone has taken the steering wheel off sometime and didn't align it back correctly centered on the steering shaft...
Also,look at the steering stem when the wheels are pointed straight forward...The flag under the machine and the tie rods connect to it,and moves as you move the steering wheel...Make sure it is centered as well....If it's not,then again,someone has the steering wheel mis-aligned...If i'm not mistaken,there is an index mark on the wheel and shaft to show you where they go,but you have to take the cover off to see it...Easiest way is the way I explained first by looking at the tie rod length and steering stem....
Hoodlum

myoldgold

• View Profile
steering
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 03:31:20 PM »
THANKS WILL CHECK IT OUT AND LET YOU KNOW HOW I MAKE OUT