Author Topic: Steering is bad...  (Read 1907 times)

turbotexas

• View Profile
Steering is bad...
« on: June 30, 2006, 08:40:04 PM »
How in the world can I get this thing to turn???
I have an atv track near my house that I rode on and couldn't  make the same corners the quads were...
I read somewhere that  a slight toe in will improve turning. but that was on  the chinese buggy site  and they have rack and pinion steering...

atvnut

• View Profile
Steering is bad...
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 11:22:24 PM »
What type of tire are you running on the rear? If you get to aggressive it will push through the corners.
Thank you
"The Nut"

turbotexas

• View Profile
Steering is bad...
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 12:03:31 AM »
Quote from: "AtvNut"
What type of tire are you running on the rear? If you get to aggressive it will push through the corners.

Dang you must be a genuis... I got holeshots and yea they are real aggressive... they worked real good on my single drive shaft chinese buggie. (Low Horsepower)
Most of where I want or plan on riding is in the desert Southwest. The ground is a little more forgiving than this hard packed sandy loam soil.
They are only 22" tall and they do take a bite...I will just have to slow down.
I see alot of the carlisle strikers on these things in photo's but I don't like the round footprint.

Thanks
David

atvnut

• View Profile
Steering is bad...
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 01:29:17 AM »
try upping the air pressure to reduce traction say 15lbs or so
Thank you
"The Nut"

turbotexas

• View Profile
Steering is bad...
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 05:58:33 PM »
Lordy I am only running 3.5-4 lbs now... 15 might bounce me into next week...
The stock shocks... are they made by showa??? that's all the markings I could find.

turbotexas

• View Profile
J-arm selection??? 1 or 2
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 11:20:22 PM »
I received a new (used) to me left lower j-arm from aftershock motorsports. Fast service and great people!!!
Now I am wondering if I screwed up, because after spending 1/2 day putting on and tightening all up, I then noticed that the steering stops didn't match up??? I then noticed that the new j-arm was cast with a L-2 and all the other 4 j's on my ride had a L-1 or R-1...
my nieghbor also has a 350r so I drove over to his and he has the L/R-1
what is the difference

atvnut

• View Profile
Steering is bad...
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2009, 01:08:25 PM »
Quote from: "turbotexas"
Quote from: "AtvNut"

Dang you must be a genuis... I got holeshots and yea they are real aggressive... they worked real good on my single drive shaft chinese buggie. (Low Horsepower)
Most of where I want or plan on riding is in the desert Southwest. The ground is a little more forgiving than this hard packed sandy loam soil.
They are only 22" tall and they do take a bite...I will just have to slow down.
I see alot of the carlisle strikers on these things in photo's but I don't like the round footprint.

Thanks
David

Thanks for the kind words was it a tire issue?

The L-2 J arm was just a latter revision by honda and what you would of got if ordered new and was available.
Thank you
"The Nut"