Author Topic: keeps on turning off..  (Read 1410 times)

hookitup310

• View Profile
keeps on turning off..
« on: May 04, 2009, 12:38:01 AM »
I have a 1985 fl350 odyssey, I've been having the same problem over and over.. It runs good for the fist hour or so, Then it boggs out, It feel like it looses power, I hit the throtle and it just boggs out,once it starts it runs good then it boggs out, Do I need a new carb, how can I tell if I need a new fuel pump, Or carb.. I draind my gas tank, put new 91.. fuel and it still boggs out, Ive had the card rebuid, thinking that was the problem, Nothing. Doing the same thing over and over..Thanks

nuke em

• View Profile
keeps on turning off..
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 08:38:22 AM »
That could be a lot of different things. I have had that exact problem many times and it has been different things.

First do a compression test for us just to see where we are on that.

Next do a leakdown test to check your seals. That one caused me a couple of rebuilds before I caught on.

I have had the TEE fitting cause that in the past also. I put a clear fuel filter in the line between the carb and the tee to ensure fuel is flowing to the carb. If it goes dry then you may have to put some kind of restriction in the return to tank line to force more positive fuel pressure to the carb. I used a very large main jet.

Gary