Author Topic: 81 fl250  (Read 6788 times)

Rfa39

• View Profile
81 fl250
« on: May 01, 2009, 09:01:42 AM »
Hi  
well im glad to find a forum for this

first question i bought  this odyssey had some issues the rear brake cable was seized and odyssey wont move  i replaced the rear brake cable i hit the brake odyssey wont roll but how much drag should there be to hold it when you start it or is that what the ebrake is for

second question : when i start it seems to run fine but then idle will increase rapidly as it warms up

any help on this would be awsome

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 81 fl250
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 11:55:32 AM »
Quote from: "Rfa39"
Hi  
well im glad to find a forum for this

first question i bought  this odyssey had some issues the rear brake cable was seized and odyssey wont move  i replaced the rear brake cable i hit the brake odyssey wont roll but how much drag should there be to hold it when you start it or is that what the ebrake is for

second question : when i start it seems to run fine but then idle will increase rapidly as it warms up

any help on this would be awsome

It shouldn't roll unless you have it idled too high or your clutch is not disengaging all the way...
As for the idle, several things can have an effect on it....Compression, air screw adjustment, and air leaks....Sounds kinda like you may have an air leak somewhere IMO....
Hoodlum

Rfa39

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 08:41:29 AM »
Hi turned out the accel cable was sticky seems to be fine now that i replaced new

would you happen to know proper setting for carb  the air screw and fuel mixture setting  i have manual it says 2 turns on fuel mixture is that 2 1/2 turns or full turns  doesnt say for air screw   also the 2 stroke oil is it 24 to 1  or should it be 32 to 1  

thanks

It shouldn't roll unless you have it idled too high or your clutch is not disengaging all the way...
As for the idle, several things can have an effect on it....Compression, air screw adjustment, and air leaks....Sounds kinda like you may have an air leak somewhere IMO....
Hoodlum[/quote]

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 09:06:29 AM »
Quote from: "Rfa39"
Hi turned out the accel cable was sticky seems to be fine now that i replaced new

would you happen to know proper setting for carb  the air screw and fuel mixture setting  i have manual it says 2 turns on fuel mixture is that 2 1/2 turns or full turns  doesnt say for air screw   also the 2 stroke oil is it 24 to 1  or should it be 32 to 1  

thanks

Hoodlum
[/quote]

The air screw is the same as the mixture screw...Gently run it all the way in until it bottoms out, then turn it 2 - 2 1/2 complete turns out.....The mix should be 32:1 if you are using a high quality oil...
Hoodlum

Rfa39

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 02:58:36 PM »
ok i did that runs alot better thanks  im using Castrol super 2 stroke
i hope thats the good stuff i was just burning around in mud outside i found it runs good then sorta bogs a bit  at the bottom of the carb there is fitting there with a tube and its plugged off is that correct or is that suppose to be a vent of some sort  hey also thanks for your help i dunno what i woulda done with out your help

The air screw is the same as the mixture screw...Gently run it all the way in until it bottoms out, then turn it 2 - 2 1/2 complete turns out.....The mix should be 32:1 if you are using a high quality oil...
Hoodlum[/quote]

Rfa39

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 04:44:11 PM »
well after reading threw frew posts others have made i found one that had same problem  i took fuel filter off blew it threw with compressed air and tryed  all i can say is wow like night and day this thing is crazy in the mud
heres a pic of my custom Fl250