Author Topic: St Anthonys Id dune trip....1 May  (Read 4677 times)

nuke em

• View Profile
St Anthonys Id dune trip....1 May
« on: April 15, 2009, 08:55:51 PM »
Its my first trip there so I am excited. I am going with some military Raptor rider friends. I am bringing the 420/350 and the ATC250R(if it stops snowing long enough to weld the trailer back together, lol).

Anyway, anyone interested? I owe Adnoh pics. I am going to try and plumb the nitrous kit on the 420 too. :shock:

Gary

Adnoh

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2009, 09:37:47 PM »
Better add video to that. Glad you enjoyed the pics. Glad the trailer did not break on hgy. Have fun and be safe. Look forward to viewing the pics. I'll post video now. It short, Tobey shoot at end of day on small hill by entrance.

Almost forgot. Defently get video of gas run and dont use it in camp after rides. Heck go ahead for laughs.

FL670R

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: St Anthonys Id dune trip....1 May
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 11:20:59 AM »
Quote from: "Nuke Em"
Its my first trip there so I am excited. I am going with some military Raptor rider friends. I am bringing the 420/350 and the ATC250R(if it stops snowing long enough to weld the trailer back together, lol).

Anyway, anyone interested? I owe Adnoh pics. I am going to try and plumb the nitrous kit on the 420 too. :shock:

Gary

Interested - HECK YEA - But I won't make that trip...

We all need to plan a two week summer BASH out there for 2010...

Make sure you guys make it over to "Dead Horse Bowl" its a super sized bowl that is in a class all to its self....

You guys staying in the BLM camp site ???
You will need extra fuel for the 420 so figure out a way to carry some...

Man I'm envious...    Can wait to see the picts...

Have fun
Dennis

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 06:43:25 PM »
You guys figure out when next year you want to go and I can guarantee you I will get vacation on that trip. Late May to early June is probably the best weather, but I do not care. If I am going that far to Dead Horse Bowl, probably just ride the trike. More I think about it, I may not take the 420 on the first trip there. I have a ton of things to get it ready or fixed on it and everyone else is on quads.

My buddy has a toy hauler and will probably stay in there but I do not know where we will stay yet. You have suggestions?

Been on dunereview.com just watching the St A clips, just in awe.

Gary

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 09:59:02 PM »
Not looking good for the first trip. We are supposed to get 17" of snow tonight/tomorrow and more through the weekend with 3 ft accumulations in the mountains between here and there. :x  grrrrrr  Well a couple more weekends will not kill me I guess.

Gary

FL670R

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 10:10:22 PM »
Man that bites...

Well now we expect to see the 420 in action since you got some extra wrenching time  :-)

That reminds me I need to get my butt out of this damn office and out to the shop to do some maintance on my neglected fleet....

Take some picts man

Also Remember - Try and Keep the Rubber Side Down....

L8R
Dennis

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
maintenance
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 12:17:13 AM »
Quote from: "FL670R"
Man that bites...

Well now we expect to see the 420 in action since you got some extra wrenching time  :-)

That reminds me I need to get my butt out of this damn office and out to the shop to do some maintance on my neglected fleet....

Take some picts man

Also Remember - Try and Keep the Rubber Side Down....

L8R
Dennis

Yep...Little over 7 weeks till St. Joes!!!!!
Randy

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2009, 08:34:18 AM »
Trying to dig out the sons truck this morning, and its still snowing....

Dennis, you are right, I have to look at the glass half full, more time to work on the 420! Guarantee pics.

I grew up just north of St Louis, sure do miss St Joes too.

Gary

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
St.Joes
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 09:22:11 AM »
Quote from: "Nuke Em"
Trying to dig out the sons truck this morning, and its still snowing....

Dennis, you are right, I have to look at the glass half full, more time to work on the 420! Guarantee pics.

I grew up just north of St Louis, sure do miss St Joes too.

Gary

We'll make room!!!! Come on down/over!!!!
Hoodlum

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 10:34:32 PM »
I appreciate the offer but its 24+ hrs from Montana and I do not have vacation scheduled. I will be back in St Louis in August for a wedding. Any chance of a gathering in the dog days of summer?

Probably have around 15" or so today and supposed to get up to 3 more tonight with continued snow turning to rain tomorrow. great.

On a lighter note while trapped inside, I am doing that plastic renew stuff to my ATC250R plastics, really looks great so far. I have all new decals so it should really look nice when I am done.

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 10:49:07 PM »
Some pics of that renew stuff in action. I should have taken some before and after pics.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Plastic
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 08:32:30 AM »
OH NO!!!!Hate to break the news to you, but you're gonna have to re-do it...The new decals won't stick to the treatment....Been there done that...Decals go on first, then renewz goes over everything including decals.....
Hoodlum

FL670R

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 10:39:57 AM »
I was going to memtion that also but didn't want to rain on his parade....

Actually I belive if you wait a few months before putting the decals on you'll be ok - I did the same treatment to my 250R but I haven't put the decals on yet - only been like 10 months or so  :-)

I guess he could resand the area under the decals, apply them and then recoat with Plastic ReNew...

I've noticed that the bright red will fade with time but it still looks 100% better than the sun faded white spots my tank had....

Dennis

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 11:10:35 AM »
Oops, didn't know that. Guess I will sand off the renew and try again. Thanks for the info!!!!