Author Topic: carb adjustment issues  (Read 2173 times)

tracksusa

• View Profile
carb adjustment issues
« on: April 07, 2009, 01:07:45 PM »
Bought all new carb 39mm keihin  PWK , Billet intake, v force reeds from aftershock, put new fuel pump on.  Started write up on first fire but when I take my finger off the throttle it dies. Which way do I need to turn the screw clock wise or counter clockwise( one with the spring I hope). its hard to do with one person  trying to keep it running and adjusting.  Messed with it a little but then it wouldnt start up again.  But got it back to fire again after takeing out the spark plug and putting it back to origanel spot. their are a lot about fine tuning the carb on this site but I just need  for it to idle for a little bit.  I dont know what size jet was put in steve with aftershock  said he would put in the best one to start off with. but havent heard from him yet. hell it might be the air filter never know. any help would be a appreciated.

PilotHawK

• View Profile
carb adjustment issues
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2009, 01:16:22 PM »
The prominent one in the picture should be the idle screw. It looks to be very far out to me. I have seen the screw back out on its own, and the solution to that is to use a locknut on the screw instead of the spring. Once you get the idle adjusted correctly tighten the nut against the carb body to keep the screw from moving.

tracksusa

• View Profile
carb adjustment issues
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 01:28:09 PM »
about how far would you think it needs to go inward,. Ill tighten it up a little  and see if it  will work. I was just a little worried that I would get it to start again if I messed  with it. out of town know  will look a it this weekend, hopefully I can get a buddy to help me

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
carb
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 02:16:24 PM »
Quote from: "tracksusa"
about how far would you think it needs to go inward,. Ill tighten it up a little  and see if it  will work. I was just a little worried that I would get it to start again if I messed  with it. out of town know  will look a it this weekend, hopefully I can get a buddy to help me

Got the same carb on my pilot...It needs to go WAY in from where it is now...I actually had to cut a couple of coils off the spring to get it to go in far enough to idle....I love the carb...It helped my engine more than any other mod I have done to it......
Hoodlum

tracksusa

• View Profile
carb adjustment issues
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2009, 02:29:15 PM »
if I unscew it all the way the only thing that will com out is the spring and the srew write!

PilotHawK

• View Profile
carb adjustment issues
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 03:15:24 PM »
correct.
you should be able to see a diagram of the carb at www.sudco.com

tracksusa

• View Profile
carb adjustment issues
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2009, 03:39:41 PM »
I dont care what everybody else says about you guys. Your the SHIIIIT!  

Thanks for the help!

tracksusa

• View Profile
got it fixed!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 08:29:44 AM »
cut the spring a little like I was told to , turned in the scew but was still  cutting off when letting go of gas. so  one of my friends looked at it and adjusted the cable on top of the carb. It know sits and purs like a  screaming banchee