Author Topic: My Odyssey  (Read 1383 times)

scrappystorm

• View Profile
My Odyssey
« on: April 02, 2009, 10:58:13 PM »
This is my 85 Odyssey I picked it up last summer.... Nothing better than coming out of a hole with the front tires in the air..

PilotHawK

• View Profile
My Odyssey
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2009, 07:58:39 AM »
That 350 doesn't look to have been too molested! Welcome to the board.

scrappystorm

• View Profile
fl350r
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 10:13:30 AM »
Quote from: "PilotHawK"
That 350 doesn't look to have been too molested! Welcome to the board.

Not at all.. Everything on her is original Down to the tires i believe.. I had however Changed out the gas tank, The Original one the lines inside were rusted i could only use a gallon of gas from tank..,  But I had found on in almost mint condition on ebay for 50 bucks.. The only problems is a few cracks in the plastic on the fenders...

My friends have dirt bikes atv's atc's  But nobody has an odyssey...
I can act crazy and I stay in my seat....

PilotHawK

• View Profile
My Odyssey
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 05:35:59 PM »
Drill a hole at the end of the crack to keep it from cracking further, then stitch the sides of the crack back together like the seam on a football (drill holes and use zip ties). It'll keep the fender from cracking to the point of being useless.

scrappystorm

• View Profile
My Odyssey
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 07:01:29 PM »
That was the first thing i did...  thanks however..  I had read allot of your posts. was wondering though i wanna keep it as original as possible.. what is your best thought for the air. Box.. Read allot that it didnt get enough air..
lucky for me it has the second generation head on it.. wasnt something i looked at when i had purchased it.. it had been stored in a garage for thirteen years.. when i came across it on ebay only twenty miles from me..

This site seemed to be a good spot to find out all i need to know, as i am still a rookie with the odyssey..

i seen allot of posting to mix 32/1 gas oil.. The gas tank has 30/1 what would be best...?  Everyhthing is factory other than the KM air filter.. and the gas filter.

PilotHawK

• View Profile
My Odyssey
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 08:37:44 AM »
The tank actually has 20:1. With the new oils 32:1 to 50:1 is what a lot of guys here use. With the air cooled engine though I'd stick to 32:1 most people seem to have good luck at that ratio. Try to use a quality oil, most of the stuff from walmart isn't as good as something from a bike shop.

As far as air mods go most ust use a 2" PVC elbow and shop vac hose to add another inlet to the airbox. You might also want to consider using a foam filter versus the K&N as it won't pass as much grit through to the engine.