Author Topic: R&R Rear axel  (Read 1720 times)

fl250girl

• View Profile
R&R Rear axel
« on: December 21, 2008, 10:23:34 PM »
can the rear axel be removed without removing the gearbox from the frame. it should come out after removing the right bearing from the framerail. Its not pressed into the gearbox, right? Anyone ever R&R a rear axel?
Thanks in advance.

PilotHawK

• View Profile
R&R Rear axel
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 11:05:46 PM »
the axle can be removed without pulling the gearbox. It has to slide out like you describe.

fl250girl

• View Profile
R&R Rear axel
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 07:51:09 PM »
Good, I just got this and took all the covers off and painted them and the frame, then put it all back together, fired it up to find the rear axel is bent.
AAAAAGGGGGG!

But if I can get it out without pullin the GB, that makes me happy.
I have to put on new e-brake shues and new disc pads, so I'll be deep enough to pull this too. The bend seems small enough, I take it to the machine shop and have it straited. If not I saw one on ebay for $100.

Thanks for the help

fl250girl

• View Profile
R&R Rear axel
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2008, 12:58:46 AM »
You were right, it came out easy!
Shop straitened it withen .020
close enough for me. might have sost som of the strength, but I'll just go easy on it this season and maybe add rear suspension over the summer.
Thanks for your help.

PilotHawK

• View Profile
R&R Rear axel
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2008, 07:52:23 AM »
You shouldn't lose too much strength in the axle. They are case hardened. Just remember that the 250 isn't made for jumping. If they were the suspension would be better. Be careful riding and don't forget your helmet!