Author Topic: St Joes Ride  (Read 13694 times)

FL670R

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: St. Joes Ride Report
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2009, 02:35:30 AM »
Quote from: "Hoodlum"
<SNIP>

Keep in mind that this trip is a yearly event, and held on the last full week in June...The families are always a part of this ride....It would be great to see you there again next year...
Randy

We're In - Sounds like an Excellent Plan (Only 6 months left till we need to RSVP for the 2010 Ride - Lets fill the park with Pilots/Odys and maybe a Drak or 2 ?)

Dennis

FL670R

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
A few pictures of the 2009 St. Joe Ride...
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2009, 03:14:44 AM »
As promised.....

FL670R

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
a few more
« Reply #47 on: July 01, 2009, 03:19:52 AM »
more picts

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
video from St Joe
« Reply #48 on: July 01, 2009, 01:22:32 PM »
A link to 10 minutes of video. This was Weds, 06/24/09. There's only a couple of minutes where you can see the other machines, but I left it all together to give a better idea of the type of riding there. VFRPilot leading, Hoodlum 2nd, Rocketman 3rd, then me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFx6SDzqceM
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

betel

• View Profile
St Joes Ride
« Reply #49 on: July 01, 2009, 08:02:16 PM »
Looks like the weather was just about perfect.  Just enough rain to beat down the dust.  Hopefully next year I'll get my spirit back to ride again.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
St. Joes
« Reply #50 on: July 01, 2009, 11:48:37 PM »
Quote from: "betel"
Looks like the weather was just about perfect.  Just enough rain to beat down the dust.  Hopefully next year I'll get my spirit back to ride again.

NEXT YEAR!!!! You need to get it back before then....There's plenty of time left to ride this year!!!!
I think we need to take a fall trip back for those that didn't get to make it....
Hoodlum

stix

• View Profile
Re: video from St Joe
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2009, 10:50:26 PM »
Quote from: "odypilots"
A link to 10 minutes of video. This was Weds, 06/24/09. There's only a couple of minutes where you can see the other machines, but I left it all together to give a better idea of the type of riding there. VFRPilot leading, Hoodlum 2nd, Rocketman 3rd, then me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFx6SDzqceM

Looks like fun, can you post a pic of the apparatus used to attach your camera/camcorder. Also do you have some sort of restraints on your helmet, looks like it would keep the whiplash to a minimum. Thanks for the posts and pictures :o This is what I came up with but the picture is too bouncy due to the foam rubber I mounted to the camcorder housing mount. I might just remove the foam and mount it directly to the bottom plate and hope there is not too much vibration to the camcorder.

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
St Joes Ride
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »
Here's what I came up with to hold the camcorder. It's welded to the cage. Yep, I have a Tucker Helmet Harness for helmet support.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)