Author Topic: Boggy  (Read 1797 times)

jplambert

• View Profile
Boggy
« on: July 12, 2008, 09:00:20 AM »
I have an 84 fl250 the thing will idle but as soon as you give it any gas it gets boggy and spit fuel out the carb.  tried changing the crankshaft seals and have rebuild the carb.  have not done compression test yet but all else seems well. any suggestions?? thanks

aas5f6

• View Profile
Carb adjustments
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2008, 12:04:30 PM »
First, make sure you have a manual, you can get one from Pilothawk. Secondly, its probably none of those problems. I would guess a carb adjustment on the air screw. Make sure also to clean out your carb as well.

Alex

jplambert

• View Profile
carb adjustment
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2008, 03:39:25 PM »
i have tried adjusting the carb and still had no luck. i do have a manual and have had the carb checked out by a local shop. im at a loss.

aas5f6

• View Profile
Start to Troubleshoot
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 08:34:24 PM »
First I would check you dont have a fuel problem: cloged lines, bad pump ect. Then I would check your intake manifold for cracks. The smallest cracks could lead to bogging. A good way to test the fuel pump/lines are to remove it all and just gravity feed your engine with a syringe and if it runs fine then you know its something fuel related. I would also perform a compression test to make sure your piston/rings are fine as well. Let me know the results.