Author Topic: air box mod  (Read 2980 times)

garv

• View Profile
air box mod
« on: August 19, 2008, 08:24:36 PM »
does anyone know how to do the airbox mod to make it ram air . heard somthin about it but not sure how to do it. guy who told me said to use a shop vac hose , pvc fittings ect. anyone who could enlighten me on this i sure would appreciate it.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: air box mod
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2008, 06:02:56 PM »
A replacement shop vac hose is long enough to get two hoses out of it. One for the new one and the other to replace the original so they match. I used a 2" PVC to threaded adapter to make the fitting into my lower air box. I drilled out the rivets in the upper air box holding the inlet scoop on and used a 4" to 2" adapter to add a round fitting there. I cut most of the 4" side off to leave a rectangle the shape of the hole in the air box. I cut the face out of the upper air box for the new inlet.

garv

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2008, 09:40:31 PM »
do you cut the whole face out of the upper air box. also on the lower air box did you make the new hole on the opposite side of the one that already exists.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 07:46:04 AM »
Yes and yes.

garv

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2008, 11:53:24 AM »
thanks for the info on the air box mod. got it all done and it works great. i did it a little different. i had some pool hose that i used instead. it fits on 2 in pvc perfect. also on my upper air box on the rectangle side i found a rectangle to 2in round at menards. its for field tile. its called a multi fitting. had to trim rectangle a little bit. thanks.