Author Topic: LS, OK 5-31-08 to 6-1-08  (Read 2992 times)

Weed

• View Profile
LS, OK 5-31-08 to 6-1-08
« on: May 28, 2008, 10:50:11 PM »
My college buddies and I will be down at LS this weekend.......

We will be in a green 2007 King Ranch or white 2002 Superduty and 26 ft enclosed trailer..........also look for a blown up silver Odyssey, and I'll be not far behind.

LS and the Silver bullet has never been a good combo......usually something goes wrong within the first hour.

Toys to look for....Suzuki DRz400, 400ex, Silver Bullet(probably broke), Honda Rancher or Foreman.

Weed.....

Adnoh

• View Profile
LS, OK 5-31-08 to 6-1-08
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2008, 06:34:27 PM »
Oh Man, Weed I would have taken you for a glass half full kinda guy. Who's wrenching that thing or some kind of new secret test parts. I ,am already commetted fo trip to okc ( horse races). Next time I guess or I should have checked board sooner. I was thinking of day ride next weekend thu. My 450 buddys are itching for a ride at the dunes. They said the back yard just wasent cutting it. Be safe and have fun. Remember if it does break that just means you get new parts. I like new parts. P.M. stixs he has a spare for parts.

Weed

• View Profile
LS, OK 5-31-08 to 6-1-08
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2008, 08:28:57 PM »
LOL...well I have 3 spare parts machines and a bunch of extra components.

I'm always trying different parts and combinations....

This ride will be a Kustom Kraft ported cylinder, my Head Design/160psi, secret pipe and my choice of clutch mods.....

Adnoh

• View Profile
LS, OK 5-31-08 to 6-1-08
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 10:25:47 PM »
Sound like time to share secerets. I'll share secert port time spec. ( ex pump degrees in duration) for pilot pipe. What you got. 160 Lb at what CR. I bet its at least 7.2:1 with squish at 45% 11deg taper water cooled head ngk8 38 mm 180 main 91 oct.. Come on, hint. Whats the camp on the piston. Ill figure out the rest.

Weed

• View Profile
LS Trip
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 07:43:11 PM »
Pics of the weekend

Weed

• View Profile
LS, OK 5-31-08 to 6-1-08
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 07:47:03 PM »
more....

Weed

• View Profile
LS, OK 5-31-08 to 6-1-08
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2008, 08:13:41 PM »
After the clutching issues were worked out, the Silver bullet ran pretty good.  Still not up to the RPMs that I wanted but it was better than at first.

Met Stix, and wish I could have rode with him before he had to leave.  

I got to thinking about the air problem that he was having.....then I thought about the petcock.  Maybe the little o-rings that seal it to the tank are leaking???????  Dunno but it is something to check.

The Saturday night ride was SWEETTTTT!!!!!!!!  And Sundays riding was much better than Saturday.  The wind picked up over night and the sand was extremly smooth.  Plus most of the campers left that night because a storm was rolling in but we didn't see a drop of rain.  The lightning was cool to see on the horizon of the dunes.

A magician never reveals his tricks.......  I will tell you this Adnoh, you are very close with your assumptions.....too close.  With the exception of the Carb......Mikuni TMX38

Weed......

Adnoh

• View Profile
LS, OK 5-31-08 to 6-1-08
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 10:00:44 PM »
Looks like you and your buddys had fun. I had never heard of your engine guy. Have any back ground info to share. Does he do only odysses or all types. Pretty clean work ? By chance did the secert pipe maybe have an effect of rpms. Rev or torgue pipe. I would guess maybe rev. If rev by chance the pipe temp too low slowing down cylinder stuffing effect and flow. If rev pipe what stinger ID maybe put in insert to dial in flow at temp. Do any plug cuts to see about jetting or do any plug chops and take home to cut up. New tight motor I bet you were playing it safe, good idea. Man I need to get a good look at the bullet. I'll bring cold ones and TP to wipe up my drull. I know too many darn questions. I do wonder what you exhaust duration and stuffing duration is and what bore/stroke. Maybe a little over square.  Please keep me guessing It takes my mind off of work. Wonder if it was wicking too much heat from combustion chamber if water cooled head. Lets see larger combustion chamber 14 deg taper 45 % longer burn pattern in relation to exhaust time opening. take .5 mm off head re work squish second agle to 16 deg raising Cr. Um ! Maybe hemi design hole relef too slow burn rate, lower oct raising flash hp. Um! Deck plug height lower futher into dome depending on clearences on hemi head with cool head. UM! Any way glad you had no problems and had fun. Hope to catch you on futher ride. Any motor pics to share. Inquireing minds want to know. Who got the monkey butt anyway.

Weed

• View Profile
LS, OK 5-31-08 to 6-1-08
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2008, 10:22:22 PM »
The Kustom Kraft cylinder was on a machine that I bought a while back so I desided to try it.  I typically always do my own engine work.  

The exhaust is a Rev pipe.....secret....it was made buy the guy that built the winning motor for stadium lite racing back in 85.  The midwest series....that should keep you guessing.

Head....well that is my design, and if you ever deside to bring over a cold 12 pack I might share some secrets.....

I was doing wheelies on the 400ex and went alittle too far in the last pic....

Weed....

Adnoh

• View Profile
LS, OK 5-31-08 to 6-1-08
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2008, 08:13:05 PM »
As promised:
Compression stoke            DEG         
            87   of crank rotation      From EX Port full close to TDC
Cylinder stuffing            36   of crank rotation      dif between intake close and exhaust close

Next clue. Lets see 85 hand formed non coated. wiesco big bore no stoker over square rever defenty an ignition change plus 2 to 5 deg to get there. ground camp, ring cap opened, 100 oct. piston lightened with weight added to rod. mid west series heavy clutch setting 22" groved and ground tires stiff side walls.