Author Topic: Chat room?  (Read 2020 times)

nuke em

• View Profile
Chat room?
« on: March 16, 2008, 09:43:10 PM »
Wheres the chat rooms? I heard minnybuggy or something like that. Can someone post an idiot link for the idiot(me). I down loaded irc but I am not sure what I am doing and I really miss the chats.

Gary

ludedude

• View Profile
Chat room?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2008, 11:25:14 PM »
If by chance you use FireFox as your browser it's quite simple. Chatzilla is an add-on for FireFox (tools>>add-ons>>get extensions  search chatzilla..add it, restart FireFox, go tools, chatzilla...it will start)

All irc  servers operate in a similar fashion. You need to connect to a server, you need to connect to a server of the same family...PilotHawk tries to keep a room open on the EFNET server...so whatever chat client you use, first determine how to connect to one of the EFNET servers....once connected you join the room....to do so enter /join #minibuggy in the same place you type to chat.

Hope that helps...I don't use Mirc anymore so I forget the specifics on that software. :roll:

nuke em

• View Profile
Chat room?
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2008, 07:19:01 AM »
Thanks Brian, I will attempt to get something going on it after work today...thanks!

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Chat room?
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2008, 11:35:53 AM »
After work huh....I thought you were retarded...I mean retired. I guess the GS job is harder than the active duty job you held??

see you in chat.

nuke em

• View Profile
Chat room?
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2008, 09:27:03 PM »
LOL I am retarded too! The new job is pretty good, rotating 3 and 4 day work weeks for about twice what the military was paying and half the BS. The kicker is I still get to work in the missile silos that I used to work in for the last 20 years.

If I still have trouble setting up the chat stuff, I will post back. Really miss the chat with you guys.

nuke em

• View Profile
Chat room?
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 09:36:55 PM »
I loaded Firefox and chatzilla, then went to tools and click on chatzilla. It loads me in, I looked in EFNET and IRCNET looking for minibuggy but I can't find you guys?????????? :cry:  :wink:

Do I need to be looking while you guys are on there?

ludedude

• View Profile
Chat room?
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2008, 10:32:14 PM »
Quote from: "Nuke Em"
I loaded Firefox and chatzilla, then went to tools and click on chatzilla. It loads me in, I looked in EFNET and IRCNET looking for minibuggy but I can't find you guys?????????? :cry:  :wink:

Do I need to be looking while you guys are on there?

Yeah, if no one's logged on when you try, you create the room and you control it  :P  I'm in right now and I'll stay on for awhile if you happen to get a chance to pop in.