Author Topic: engine swap?  (Read 1567 times)

s__i__v

• View Profile
engine swap?
« on: August 06, 2007, 12:11:26 AM »
but if you didn't hear me... what about them?

heres my long story thats the opposite of short.

I've recently been wanting to buy an odyssey or a pilot for a while but i didn't want to spend a ton. needless to say thats almost impossible to do even just for a frame. then ir hit me like an ex girlfriend. i knew a guy who had one (no idea what year or anything) and i had seen it once several years back. luckly he was having a little get together that this weekend and i stopped out there to have a few beers with him and my other friends. so i poked around and asked some questions and he DID still have it... so i waited in the shadows till the time was right (and he was drunk) and asked him about it.

screw that i cant type anymore then that. i bought it for 300 American green backs. frame is almost 100%. no cracks, square and true, and the paint is hardly even chipped anywhere. catch is. no motor. the old one was blown when he got it. so i have everything but a motor. of course it needs some TLC since its been sitting for about 7 years now i think. but yea. oh by the way... its a fl350

so its a frame with everything. tranny, gas tank, all suspension (in good shape too), even the old carb...

what can i stuff in there? and i want some serious power. i want to hit the gass and shortly after need a change of pants. if i need to fab up mounts... no problem. i have a fully loaded shop. I'm just lazy and looking for some other peoples ideas about now.

if you read all or any of that I'm sorry.

if you read all of that and you reply with some helpful info... god bless you. you are a patient person

ludedude

• View Profile
engine swap?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 09:11:41 AM »
read it all ;)

I've done an engine swap into a pilot, a '98 ZR600EFI sled engine, it's got enough to leave skid marks....in your pants!

You'll want to get ahold of Nuke Em (Gary) on here. He has the same engine and is planning to stuff it in a 350 frame. He'll be able to help out, just not sure where he is on it, if he's started or not yet.

GARY!!!!  :)

s__i__v

• View Profile
engine swap?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 10:27:53 PM »
well turns out my shifter is junk... half of the casting snapped away, it was full of rust, and the 2 small screws (it looked like that anyhow... it was rough) that held the shaft were almost gone.

how about this... whats the easiest engine swap i could pull off right now? small sled engine?

if i could get my hands on a stock motor that would be great. any ideas?

woah woah woah... wait.. umm..

what about 4 stroke? has it been done? i havent read about anyone doing a 4 stroke yet...

one last thing... no title as of yet. i know who originaly owned it before the guy who i bought it off of... but no idea if they ALWAYS owned it or had a title for it either... i know its not stolen.. is there any way i could get a title for it any other way? salvaged/ abandoned? something?!

nuke em

• View Profile
engine swap?
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 09:48:30 PM »
Hi Guys!  Sorry been away for so long, computer problems and busy with a new job since I retired from the military. I finally got high speed satallite internet but had a bad wireless N router for over a month.

I do have a couple of stock 350 engines that ran when I pulled them for built up ones. I could probably sell you one if that is what you need. Sorry no spare shifters. You may be able to clean up the one you have????

I have not had the time to start the sled engine install yet but have an adapter shaft for the larger driven clutch. My son blew the 420/350 engine,...or at least thats what I told him. LOL the lower rod bearing came apart and went everywhere ruining the piston. I have rebuilt it again and am in the final reassembly stages(with a 40HP shot of NOS this time). :twisted:

Gary