Author Topic: Works Shocks  (Read 2822 times)

ed43082

• View Profile
Works Shocks
« on: October 16, 2006, 09:00:13 PM »
Can someone give me a quick overview of the pros and cons or benefits of one type verses the other with the Works shocks remote reservoir, on shock reservoir, and no reservoir. I assume there are the three different types.

Also, I see Randy at Oddy Salvage has some Baja Magnums for sale. How do they compare?

These are for stock replacements on a FL350.

I am mostly a woods/trail rider. Trails we ride are well ridden and have deep ruts. Very bumpy riding.

I just want to make a good purchase the first time as expensive as they are. I need the best suspension I can get being a quadriplegic too!

Thanks.

atvnut

• View Profile
Works Shocks
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 01:21:04 PM »
I would suggest going with the standard non ressie shock they work great and are a lot less expensive I can get ya a good deal on a pair too if ya want
Thank you
"The Nut"

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
Works Shocks
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 01:24:38 PM »
Stay away from the Baja Magnums. They break if you ride hard.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

ed43082

• View Profile
Works Shocks
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 11:57:39 AM »
How about the Progressive shocks. Are they any good and how do they compare to the Works shocks?

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Works Shocks
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2007, 12:49:35 PM »
Progressive's are no better than stock. Too many people have had issues with them bending or breaking.

Pony up for the works and you will be much happier.

Weed

• View Profile
Works Shocks
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2007, 01:02:26 PM »
I am selling a set on Ebay right now.  I am sure that is what you are refering too.  They are better than stock, but they do not even compare to Works.  They actually compress when you stand on the back of your machine (unlike the ol' stockers) LOL!!!!!!!  The rod looks like it might be larger than the stock shocks too.

I got them from a lot of three Odysseys I bought back in August, the seller claimed they were only two years old.  

Anything is better than the Showa stockers...........Works are the best replacement shocks out there for the Odyssey,  I know I have 5 pairs for the Odys and Pilot.

turbotexas

• View Profile
Works Shocks
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2007, 12:00:21 AM »
I bought a pair of rear shocks directly from Works in CA. I ordered them on Monday, and they were ready to pick up on Friday!!! I got the triple rate springs, with adjustable preload, with remote rezzies!!! I didn't want to "wish" I'd have gotten the better ones!!!! Best dang bit of money I have spent on this thing and I have spent alot!!! I have a herniated disc in my neck, and it sometimes would jolt me to hit the whoops in the desert... A friend was behind me pre-works and saw my back end come up 3 feet!!! It jolted me enough to get out and walk around... the next time I was in AZ I went over these same whoops and went back again to go even faster!!! Just unbelievable what a difference these made!!! I am anxiously waiting to get some for the front!!!

turbotexas

• View Profile
Works Shocks
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2007, 12:02:57 AM »
here is a picture...