Author Topic: SAE Mini-Baja 2007!!!!!!!  (Read 1945 times)

Weed

• View Profile
SAE Mini-Baja 2007!!!!!!!
« on: March 07, 2007, 07:08:41 PM »
http://www.sae.org/students/mbrules.pdf

Here are the rules for the competion.

http://students.sae.org/competitions/bajasae/rules/

Alot of crap to follow, and basically the end result is 100 teams will similar cars.......a-holes.....The suspensions are what make the cars different.  The basic shape, weight, power and speed is about the same for most.  Some teams have like 14-20 inches of travel but top speed is around 28 mph so it is pointless to engineer a car with that much travel.  It only adds weight and complexity to the design.

For the static judging, there is the design, performance(acceleration and braking), looks, function, cost, and marketing.  

May will be a great time for me.  I can't wait!!!!

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 08:31:28 PM »
Do you have any pictures from last years comp? I know you guys got screwed last year along with several other teams. Still sounds like a great learning experience.

Weed

• View Profile
baja
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 09:52:25 PM »
here is a few

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2007, 10:24:08 PM »
What kind of shocks are those? Axles? FL250 tranny? What are you guys doing different this year? Info man, got to have info :lol: !

Weed

• View Profile
baja
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 10:32:04 PM »
more

Weed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 11:01:22 PM »
OK back in the house.  I got my "clone" frame back from the powdercoater today and it has been like X-mas for me.  This time we went with a "silvercrome"  it looks sweet, I'll post some pics when I get the chance.

Anyway, the Baja car......The rear suspension(my department) will be the same as last years car.  Yep it is the FL250 trans and has been flawless so far.  The axles are a CV type (I forget the size) and actually we have snapped three axles.  Ya go figure??????  It is not like we are putting 100HP to them!!!!  After rewelding the axles they have lasted for quite awhile

The front.....well I am not sold on the design but it seems to work in theory.  Camber is a bitch to allign and the wheels can't be adjusted to be truely parallel at any point along the radius of the hinge.  It is goofy but simple is good I guess.  The a-arms can be swapped side to side and oh ya, there is only one a-arm a side........Don't get me started.....I'll post pics when it is done.