Author Topic: 350 still badly bogging  (Read 1722 times)

navy350r

• View Profile
350 still badly bogging
« on: February 19, 2007, 10:02:20 AM »
This thing is driving me crazy! I hit the gas and initially it winds pretty good. Then when I get to full throttle, or even just over half it just bogs down. It stays running, not trying to die or anything. I did clean all of the electrical connections as good as possible. I also cleaned all the grounding points to bare metal. Something I did notice was that the carb slide pulsates when at full throttle. I also noticed that after about halfway in to the throttle it gets really easy, almost like the air velocity is picking up the slide!  I did a leak down check and it wasn't terrible, but not fantastic either. It takes approx 40 seconds to go from 10psi to zero. I noticed when I did the leak down that the air hose going to the fuel pump had air coming from it and I blocked it off. I am using a test tank and have the stock one off so I can get to the engine more easily. I did not have that blocked off when I was running the motor. Could that have caused my problems. Going to put the carb back on today and try again. I intend to rip it down and rebuild anyway, But I sure would like to know it all works before I do!!
Thanx Again!
Joe

turbotexas

• View Profile
350 still badly bogging
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 10:40:43 AM »
get some soapy water and find your leak...

navy350r

• View Profile
I finally got it all straightened out!!
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 08:53:48 PM »
I guess I had never worked on a bike that has a rev limiter that kicks in down so low. I did do the soapy water test and I found some leaks that I created with my home built leak down tester so thanks for the insight! Anyway I guess because I have had it in neutral running with no load, the limiter was kicking in and I didn't realize it. I got a good leak down test " took about 15 minutes to go to zero from 10psi" So I decide to just go ride it and put the engine under a load. Everything works just fine. The thing screems!! I do need to put a different silencer on it to keep the police out of my neighborhood, so any suggestions on one I could modify to place on that DG pipe would be great.
Thanx again for the help and all the suggestions!!
Joe

turbotexas

• View Profile
350 still badly bogging
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 11:54:16 PM »
FMF makes one that fits, just can't remember model #

Tattool23

• View Profile
350 still badly bogging
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 09:59:40 AM »
I am new to all this but my 350 was doing the same EXACT thing. turns out it wasnt getting enough air. try removing all the air box/filter set up and just starting it and trying it with no air boot or anything. just the carb. I had a slightly modified air set up to mak esome things work and it was too restrictive. hope this helps.