Author Topic: Dumont California ride  (Read 2785 times)

nuke em

• View Profile
Dumont California ride
« on: January 05, 2007, 11:49:15 AM »
I am going there with some quad guys around Feb 20-25. The last day there is something called 4 stroke wars going on. I will bring the 420/350 and the 250R trike. Anyone else out there that can make it? I would love to tilt back a few barley sodas with some board members.

Gary

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Dumont California ride
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 04:37:27 PM »
I will be at glamis that weekend. I have no idea where dumont is in relation to that. I'll be there with som other bike riders. I'd love to know back a few brews with you if we can figure something out.

nuke em

• View Profile
Dumont California ride
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 05:57:54 PM »
I have never ben to Glamis but its way down there. Dumont is an hour or two out of Vegas. You turn off I-15 at Baker Ca then go 25 miles or so towards Death Valley. PM me your cell # and maybe I can talk the guys I am with into going further down for a day or two. My cell# is 307-421-8041 if you want to reach me too.

Gary

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Dumont California ride
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2007, 08:29:18 PM »
Sounds good. You can get me at 865-254-7056

dhjunkie

• View Profile
Dumont California ride
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 08:30:10 PM »
Shooting to be out at gordens well area sunday evening and hang out til maybe wednsday.  All depends on wife nad her vacation schedule

nuke em

• View Profile
Dumont California ride
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2007, 08:47:45 PM »
Take some pictures! Anything that remotely looks warm will help me! Friggin freezing here!

turbotexas

• View Profile
Dumont California ride
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 02:15:05 AM »
I guess I smarted off one to many times about my wonderfully warm Texas!!!
look what we have...
Lucky for me I am in Southern/central California!!!

dhjunkie

• View Profile
spoke too soon
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 10:02:55 PM »
LOL  It is snowing in Malibu today.   I-5 at the grapevine is shut down with ice and snow Got sleet in Down town LA (made cold work for me)  Just strange  Cali. weather

turbotexas

• View Profile
Dumont California ride
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2007, 11:34:32 PM »
I came across the grapevine yesterday!!! Made it up to Santa Nella and when I woke up the ground was wet, but I didn't even think to look for snow!!! I sure am glad I didn't get stuck!!!

Joe Odyssey Rider

• View Profile
Dumont California ride
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2007, 11:32:57 AM »
Boy, those pics bring back a lot of memories.  We used to go to Dumont with our 250s when we were stationed at George AFB in Adelanto CA.  They have it all, big hills, little "fun" dunes, etc.  I remember "sharp" peaks on most of the dunes.

We went to Glamis a bit, too, but Dumont was always more fun, less people, but I hear its changed a lot.

Wish I could go, just isn't gonna happen.  Besides, I'd just slow you down!   :lol: