Author Topic: Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 / Ensenada to La Paz - Nov 15 - 18  (Read 1686 times)

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Tecate SCORE Baja 1000 / Ensenada to La Paz - Nov 15 - 18
« on: November 04, 2006, 09:42:49 PM »
I think I have some little spirit that sits on my shoulder and lets amazing things happen to me at times.

I call it my Dream Spirit.

The Dream Spirit's been good to me over the years.  It let me chase the dream of stadium racing in 98 & 99

It let me go desert racing in 01 and has continued to be good to me in the dirt world.

This morning it struck again. :worthy:

I'm riding in Pete Sohren's Trophy Truck in the Baja 1000!!!

I head to Phoenix next Saturday, we head down to Old Mexico on Sunday, pre-run Monday and Tuesday and then sit down, strap in, shut up and HAUL on Wed in the TT!!!

The truck is #6 off the line and I'll get to ride from the start to the Bay of LA - about one third the race - 377 miles.  I'll then become pit support or what ever they need.

YEEEEEE   HHHAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

DunePilot

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 10:07:04 PM »
Way too cool!

Thought about hooking up a helmet cam?
DP

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 08:09:04 AM »
When I first started reading this, I thought you were getting a ride in the truck, but to actually be in the RACE, AWESOME!
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

PilotHawK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 11:04:45 AM »
This is actually just SCORE's way of luring another sucker to the race year in and year out.

I can see it now......Neil. I need a car I can run the Baja with. Sign me up for a spot to be your co-driver!

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Baja 1000
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 09:36:54 AM »
Man Mosquito, that's freakin awesome!!!! That's a chance of a lifetime for sure, and I am sure you will soak up every second of it...
I just watched the Dust to Glory movie this weekend for about the 10th time...LOL....That is one of the most awesome endurance races in existance, and would love to be a small part of it one day....
Take plenty of pics and write us up one of those reports that make us feel like we're right there with ya!!!!

Hoodlum

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2006, 10:57:21 AM »
Sorry, I'm a bit late posting this here at POPS...

I'm not frequenting this or the P-O board much anymore.  My focus has changed a bit over the past couple months and I tend to hang around on a couple other boards - Race-Dezert.com and minibuggy.net

I had an amazing week in Mexico.  Unfortunately a bad bearing took us out of the race after only 140 miles in the Trophy Truck, but I got in about 500 miles of pre-running and I now have an open invitation to navigate in the Trophy Truck anytime I want.  - I'm heading to Vegas this coming Thursday for the Terrible's 400.  I'll take that seat!!!  I'm actually getting to race in the desert on a big time scale, and even though I'm not steering, I'm involved.  It's awesome.

Here's my write up on my experience with the 2006 Baja 1000  Enjoy!
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'