Author Topic: Drakart upgrade  (Read 2102 times)

Toyman

• View Profile
Drakart upgrade
« on: July 27, 2006, 10:00:47 PM »
As some of you know I'm into a restoration of my Formula Cross Drakart. I wanted to show an upgrade we did that I felt was important enough to share with all Drakart owners. I've never liked the way the frame is designed around the driven and asked my fabricator if he had any ideas on installing a removeable tube in front of the driven that would offer more strength to the rear of the frame. The picture below shows what he came up with. It has been left partially out so you can see the design better.
Toyman

nuke em

• View Profile
Drakart upgrade
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 11:04:56 PM »
How is it held together? Looks similar to 350 upper cage mounts but I can't tell for sure. Nice work and design too.

Toyman

• View Profile
Bolt-in tube
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 07:21:08 AM »
The tube is held in place with recessed hex head bolts threaded in from both sides on each end. It is very similar to the 350 cage setup.
Toyman

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Drakart upgrade
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 11:33:19 AM »
Those tubing adaptors work very well.  I have a set in the Dez so I can remove the bar that's in the way of removing the driven as well.  ATVR's been using them for the same purpose for a long time too.

Great mod Toyman!  Makes life much easier.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'