Author Topic: who has/uses webcams?  (Read 2114 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
who has/uses webcams?
« on: July 17, 2006, 09:54:03 AM »
May add audio/video capability to the chat room...any interest?

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
who has/uses webcams?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 01:30:56 PM »
I've messed with them a couple times - was using Yahoo's software.

It's not bad, not great - it works... I guess...

It may make for some interesting conversations!!!
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

ludedude

• View Profile
who has/uses webcams?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2006, 06:02:20 PM »
well I have something else up my sleeve if testing this out works OK   :)

It's installed in chat now, you have to clear cookies (only those set by the p-o-ps site) and your cache to see the addition.

nuke em

• View Profile
who has/uses webcams?
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 12:15:44 AM »
Looks pretty cool. I'll have to dig up my mic and cam. I have never even used them. I'll try again tomorrow night.

ludedude

• View Profile
who has/uses webcams?
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2006, 09:35:19 AM »
Who's tried out the chatroom with the A/V additions? I know I haven't been on in the evenings....too much going on on the summer time  :roll:

Some of it's a bit quirky  :P  IE the resizing of the Video windows....you're supposed to be able to resize them by placing your cursor in the middle of the screen, click, hold and drag...sometimes it works...sometimes not (seems 1st attempt usually worls by not subsequent tries...for me anyhow...maybe my browser - FireFox)

The audio seems to work pretty good...from what I have tested. I like the auto feature....you can click and hold the talk button to talk...or click the auto button and it uses the "silence" setting (top indicator/adjuster on slide bar under your video window) to activate the sending of your audio signal...the lower indicator adjusts your gain on your mic.

ludedude

• View Profile
who has/uses webcams?
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 11:34:49 AM »
going to broadcast live from my shop for awhile...then try onceI get to Darrell's again.

I'll also try when I try the pilot out for the first time...whether that's at Darrell's tonight, tomorrow....or here....   we'll see

If the video stops transmitting for you...(you sending video out) just switch rooms and come back (or stay in a different room) and it will reset....the video server is not up 100% of the time...and it cuts out sometimes :(

ludedude

• View Profile
who has/uses webcams?
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 12:56:18 PM »
Sorry Dennis,

missed you in chat :( Laptop was on battery power and died while I was machining a water line adapter...

Laptop's charging now...I'm going to grab some lunch...hook up the trailer, load up some gear and head to Darrell's. I need to grab some fuel line, and some clamps...think that's it  :roll:

Later!

FL670R

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
who has/uses webcams?
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 04:25:52 PM »
No Problem...

I was just going to check out the Audio/Video in the chat...

I got a couple Macs with built in cameras

I'll catch you another time

Later
Dennis

ludedude

• View Profile
who has/uses webcams?
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 04:50:28 PM »
live at the drive through now!!! LOL

ludedude

• View Profile
who has/uses webcams?
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 06:53:24 PM »
if we'ew lucky we'll show the hydro-forming of the pipe live in the chatroom later ;)  Working on the 2-into-1 pipe section now