Author Topic: Florence Dunes, Oregon  (Read 1267 times)

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Florence Dunes, Oregon
« on: July 17, 2006, 04:47:14 PM »
I am making a cross country trek this week, and will be spending a day or 2 at the Florence dunes in Oregon. If anyone in the area wants to meet up, drop me an email. We will be there the 19th and 20th of July. I can't wait to see what these dunes are like! Most likely we will be renting something from spinreel. I hope everything works out!

[email protected]

nuke em

• View Profile
Florence Dunes, Oregon
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 05:24:54 PM »
If you come down I-80, look me up! I'll let you take the 420 for a sand dune ride. :D

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Florence Dunes, Oregon
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 06:36:42 PM »
The Oregon coast is beautiful! the temps are in the mid 70's in the late afternoon. The food is great, and I'm not at work....can it get any better than this???

It can. We (Family) rented a couple buggies at one of the dunes rental places and got to play in the dunes for about an hour. Tag was on a FL250 and me and the wife got to play on a 500cc 2 seater buggy that used a CVT clutch system mounted to a honda Civic tranny. I didn't get any pics while we were there, but when we drive down through there tomorrow I'll get some pics just to give you guys some ideas. Overall it was a pretty slick setup.

The dunes themselves I wasn't to impressed with. It might be the time of the year, but the sand is sugary soft, but the dunes are very choppy. There are some large dunes out where we were, but overall there were a ton of random smaller dunes with wicked dropoffs. Nothing like little sahara or glamis.

I'm glad we got to ride them anyway. We had a great time, but might skip it out next time out unless we have our own stuff to break.

I'll post a few pics of the trip later.