Author Topic: Something a little different - MPV goes up!  (Read 1911 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
Something a little different - MPV goes up!
« on: April 28, 2006, 07:56:05 AM »
Well my pilot's been gone for over a week now....so I was getting restless in the garage. The annual May run is coming up, and I was thinking I'll take something other than the pilot this year....<looks around the year> Ahhh the old blue MPV!!!

The things been out a on a few weekend runs, but was in need of some.....growth hormones to make her ready for the May run. I spoke with Mike, my neighbor, and he sounded quite interested in the prospect of having a 4WD vehicle that would haul 5 people....turns out we may have more than 5! So in went a pair of old Prelude buckets in the rear.  :P  Room for 7 now!

Swapped rims an tires for some 31's and we went to work on the rear suspension.......what to use to lift it??!?!! Hmmmmm "how about these?" <holding a pair of rear stock Pilot rims> "Yeah! they'll work, grab the torches!!!"

And so the rear is 90% done...ran out of oxygen...just need to cut a couple bits of clearance for the shocks (well they're so shot, they're our limiting straps now!) Then on to the front.

We're liking the looks of it SO much we may invest in a new clutch for it, as that's weak. It should hold if we stay in low range though...yup low range! I love this MPV...rare bird...manual 5spd with low range. normally RWD, push button (on the floor shift) AWD, low range and locking center diff on the column shift  :shock:  :P .

Then come the interior details, multiple windshield washer jugs for dispensing your favorite drinks! :roll:  :lol:  8)

Can't wait!

PilotHawK

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 11:41:11 AM »
The dreaded redneck grocery getter! I like it!

Weed

• View Profile
Canadian Huhhhh
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2006, 05:02:44 PM »
You claim that you are Canadian but are you sure you don't have roots in the deep south?

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 07:15:33 PM »
LMAO!!! That's great bro!!! You gotta' have at least one 4x4 in the family! That's my motto anyways... :D
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2006, 07:34:19 PM »
I've got the '98 MPV (last year for the AWD model :cry:) to go with that one Sniper! :) The '98 is the one that make the trek with the 2 piots and trailer last summer to Coal Creek. The blue '90 is going to be crossing some creeks...but not in TN!

LOL

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006, 02:02:55 AM »
well...had some setbacks. Lost high/low functionality...and couldn't get into either  :roll:  Pulled the tranny, we'll replace the clutch now too, and pulled the actuator apart. Got it into low and we're locking it in there LOL.

Now with a new clutch going in...we may opt for 33's if they'll fit under it LOL

pulling together some audio/video gear to put into it too. got 2 10" dual voice coil subs left from the prelude, laptop, couple screens...there's some 6-1/2" and 4" 2-ways in the front still I think

I'll post some more pictures when we make some more "visible" progress  :P

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2006, 08:18:17 PM »
Well...the new clutch is in, the tranny is installed, now for the transfer case (locked it in low).

Got the audio installed...8 two ways, one 10" sub in a box, two amps and the laptop...sounds damn fine for a slapped together system....I miss doing stereo installs  :P  Next comes the video monitors and their wiring  :lol:

Fun, fun

nuke em

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2006, 08:53:47 PM »
I have boxes of my old amps, speakers, woofers, crossovers ect. Between the 2-strokes and stereos, no wonder my hearing is shot all to heck.

79OdyInColorado

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 12:42:04 PM »
SWEET DUDE! i was gonna do this to my old toyota previa AWD. i think i have that same coustic amp with the fake carbon fiber cover...

- J
Justin Naekel
Parker, CO

- 1979 Honda FL250 - DG pipe, Otherwise Stock! Soon the have 550 twin motor!

- 1984 Honda VF1000F Interceptor - Everything has been tinkered with.

- 2005 Chevy Colorado LS Z71 Ext. Cab. - Too much to list

- 2005 Cag pocket bike - timing, intake, exhaust, NITROUS BABY!

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2006, 11:07:22 PM »
Here's a few pictures of the progress ;)

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2006, 11:10:19 PM »
and one of the front lifted with 31's on the front too  :P